And... They're Off!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: And... They're Off!

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:57 pm

WizardTN wrote:Doesn't take much to setup a ScotTrade account. Good for daytrading.

Doesn't that require a margin account (25,000 minimum and decent credit)?

Ive got a Zecco account (Im cheap), and thats how it is here, and based on a quick good search, Im pretty sure thats a common requirement...
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby WizardTN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 pm

I don't know what the present requirements are. I set mine up with $200 years ago. LOL

Check it out $7 trades is not bad
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 pm

WizardTN wrote:I don't know what the present requirements are. I set mine up with $200 years ago. LOL

Check it out $7 trades is not bad

psh...Ive got 4.95 trades ;)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby WizardTN » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Look into Ally Bank (The old GMAC)
WizardTN
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Looks like TPTB are making an desperate attempt to try to end the day on an up trend (not number, but trend) note. One try failed. They are trying again.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:44 pm

What happened to silver today? Why do you guys think we saw such an explosion in the price of gold and not silver? Or, rather, why was the surge in the price of silver so quickly stamped down?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Corsair wrote:What happened to silver today? Why do you guys think we saw such an explosion in the price of gold and not silver? Or, rather, why was the surge in the price of silver so quickly stamped down?

Looks like it was successfully crushed at about 11am again...no clue why there hasn't been buying pressure, but Im not complaining (im buying :D lol)
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Corsair wrote:What happened to silver today? Why do you guys think we saw such an explosion in the price of gold and not silver? Or, rather, why was the surge in the price of silver so quickly stamped down?

As you've read many times here (and believe it), the price of silver can be controlled (not so much gold), so they do. They knocked it down Friday. It came up with gold (actually faster than gold, for awhile) so they knocked it down again. It's still up over Friday by nearly 2%, so not bad. Just not quite at gold's level of +3%.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby scrapper2010 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm

68Camaro wrote:Looks like TPTB are making an desperate attempt to try to end the day on an up trend (not number, but trend) note. One try failed. They are trying again.

Looks like they failed again, miserably this time. Dropping like a lead balloon.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:57 pm

68Camaro wrote:Looks like TPTB are making an desperate attempt to try to end the day on an up trend (not number, but trend) note. One try failed. They are trying again.

Nope - they couldn't do it. They are trying to steer it into something less bad than it could be, maybe they'll come in under 5% and <600, if they're lucky. But still a BIG end of day down note - that's bad for tomorrow's psychology. Going to close down nearly 600 and 5% - with NASDAQ and S&P down more than 6%.

Post close edit: Wow - further slip at very end, At close, Dow -633 -5.5%. NASDAQ -6.9%, S&P -6.6%

Could've been worse, but not by much. And it doesn't look good for tomorrow either.
Last edited by 68Camaro on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm

68Camaro wrote:

Nope - they couldn't do it. They are trying to steer it into something less bad than it could be, maybe they'll come in under 5% and <600, if they're lucky. But still a BIG end of day down note - that's bad for tomorrow's psychology. Going to close down nearly 600 and 5% - with NASDAQ and S&P down more than 6%

Down over 5% & 600 at the closing bell.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby slickeast » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Hummm wonder what will be plastered on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow morning.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby timmus0382 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:28 pm

slickeast wrote:Hummm wonder what will be plastered on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow morning.

Headlies will read "Tea Party Causes Markets to Crash"

Unless you read IDB theirs will say "Obama's Administration Rejoices As Markets Crash"
Name me one investment where you gain at least 50% the second you purchase it and never have a chance to lose the initial investment.
timmus0382
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:32 pm

timmus0382 wrote:
slickeast wrote:Hummm wonder what will be plastered on the front page of every newspaper tomorrow morning.

Unless you read IDB theirs will say "Obama's Administration Rejoices As Markets Crash"

its not funny anymore... I want off!!!! :o :shock: :? :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Headlines will read. "Run Forrest! Run!"
hobo finds

Postby hobo finds » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Look at the Aisan markets now Down Big Time.... http://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/asia/

Who the hell knows what will happen Tuesday for us
hobo finds

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:36 am

timmus0382 wrote:

Freudian slip? I find it enormously amusing that you misspelled headlines as "head lies" -- a direct indictment of Obummer.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:04 am

telling ya'll.....ramp up the partisan venom on 9 Aug, and you buy your own headstones, coz you will not have anymore prep time. i know this is an exclusive small forum, but pray that cooler heads prevail in DC, and people start some bi-partisan handholding to show the world it AINT falling apart. If you want to be the worlds superpower, you got to walk, as if...food fights are not confidence inspiring, so...i'm just saying.....hope they grow in DC and do it quick....like today.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby timmus0382 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 am

shinnosuke wrote:
timmus0382 wrote:

Freudian slip? I find it enormously amusing that you misspelled headlines as "head lies" -- a direct indictment of Obummer.

Thanks for pointing that out I would have totally missed that. Funny what the mind can do.
Name me one investment where you gain at least 50% the second you purchase it and never have a chance to lose the initial investment.
timmus0382
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:49 am

neilgin1 wrote:telling ya'll.....ramp up the partisan venom on 9 Aug, and you buy your own headstones, coz you will not have anymore prep time. i know this is an exclusive small forum, but pray that cooler heads prevail in DC, and people start some bi-partisan handholding to show the world it AINT falling apart. If you want to be the worlds superpower, you got to walk, as if...food fights are not confidence inspiring, so...i'm just saying.....hope they grow in DC and do it quick....like today.

You are about to get your wish, Neil. The last minute compromise on the budget has a "super congress" finalizing the details. The Democrats will get almost everything they want, and what they don't get will work to their advantage for psychological warfare political tactics. The Republicans will get a bone tossed to them and the TEA Party and Libertarians are now shut out completely.

That will give us a "Bi-partisan" compromise for the world to see and do absolutely nothing to solve the real root of the problem.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aristobolus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:telling ya'll.....ramp up the partisan venom on 9 Aug, and you buy your own headstones, coz you will not have anymore prep time. i know this is an exclusive small forum, but pray that cooler heads prevail in DC, and people start some bi-partisan handholding to show the world it AINT falling apart. If you want to be the worlds superpower, you got to walk, as if...food fights are not confidence inspiring, so...i'm just saying.....hope they grow in DC and do it quick....like today.

You are about to get your wish, Neil. The last minute compromise on the budget has a "super congress" finalizing the details. The Democrats will get almost everything they want, and what they don't get will work to their advantage for psychological warfare political tactics. The Republicans will get a bone tossed to them and the TEA Party and Libertarians are now shut out completely.

That will give us a "Bi-partisan" compromise for the world to see and do absolutely nothing to solve the real root of the problem.

I think both parties will get what they want; Democrats Revenues, and Republicans cuts in Social Security and Medicare. One tip off is that the Republicans, even while supposedly fighting against them, have adopted their "oppenent's" new euphemism for taxes, namely revenues. It is as if the word taxes has disappeared from the current parlance. The fix is in.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:35 am

shinnosuke wrote:
timmus0382 wrote:

Oh, yeah. That's one we should use more often, considering the press these days.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Double3 wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:We have to remember that this forum is ultra-sensitive to:
1. the price of PMs
2. the worthlessness of FRNs
3. the unconstitutional nature of successive administration activities and policies

If you go to a public place today, it's very unlikely most people are talking about the price of Au. The vast majority still don't see the critical nature of what's unfolding before our very eyes.

Moral of the story:
Act now!

This is spot on.

I will not hear one person say anything about gold today.

Another good video. BBC let this on the air.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bbc-speechless-trader-tells-truth-collapse-comingand-goldman-rules-world
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals