I wish we could clone Ron Paul in Congress

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I wish we could clone Ron Paul in Congress

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:32 am

Not sure if many of you watch CNBC in the AM; Ron Paul was on there 8:30AM Eastern time.

He was talking about how gold is not a commodity but is money and was talking about how wrong Ben Bernake was about gold only being a commodity. He said you can't wipe out 3,000 years of history where gold has been hard money.

I remember a couple years ago how I had a couple of friends who said he was nutty with all his talk about wanting to go back to a gold standard.

I am sure a lot of people regret not listening to him sooner.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: I wish we could clone Ron Paul in Congress

Postby Treetop » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:35 am

I still know many who think hes nuts because of this. Failing to realize the true depth of our issues, and that it would of been impossible to get here, at this level with hard money still in the picture.....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Ron Paul is one of the only national politicians that I support.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 pm

+1

I worked for the guy in 1976. He's only gotten better with time.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 pm

He is the only politician that I have ever given money to. Well, not real money, but FRN's.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:27 pm

Pennysaved wrote:Not sure if many of you watch CNBC in the AM; Ron Paul was on there 8:30AM Eastern time.

He was talking about how gold is not a commodity but is money and was talking about how wrong Ben Bernake was about gold only being a commodity. He said you can't wipe out 3,000 years of history where gold has been hard money.

I remember a couple years ago how I had a couple of friends who said he was nutty with all his talk about wanting to go back to a gold standard.

I am sure a lot of people regret not listening to him sooner.

and i wish LIKE Ron paul that we did not have 750 overseas bases, (a thousand if you count the "black" bases)...THEY DONT want Paul. when i say THEY....you know who i mean....at least i hope you do. but wishes and a nickel will get you.....6.3 cents.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Treetop wrote:I still know many who think hes nuts because of this. Failing to realize the true depth of our issues, and that it would of been impossible to get here, at this level with hard money still in the picture.....

the real reason its impossible is because is because the Congressman WILL TAKE ON the national security state....thats the reality, and NOBODY talks about this...you hear a lot of stuff about "entitlements" but heaven forbid, you bring up defense issues, overseas entanglements, that dark secret lil world a brewing...thats why nobody IN THE MEDIA ...REALLY give Ron paul the time of day.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:35 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
Treetop wrote:I still know many who think hes nuts because of this. Failing to realize the true depth of our issues, and that it would of been impossible to get here, at this level with hard money still in the picture.....

the real reason its impossible is because is because the Congressman WILL TAKE ON the national security state....thats the reality, and NOBODY talks about this...you hear a lot of stuff about "entitlements" but heaven forbid, you bring up defense issues, overseas entanglements, that dark secret lil world a brewing...thats why nobody IN THE MEDIA ...REALLY give Ron paul the time of day.

I agree.... most i know especially righties have their heads in the sand on that... on day it will come back to bite us HARD... we cant inflate this bubble empire forever...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:13 pm

SUPPORT A REAL PATRIOT - RON PAUL. HE NEEDS CASH NOW TO WIN IN IOWA...

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Treetop » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Country wrote:SUPPORT A REAL PATRIOT - RON PAUL. HE NEEDS CASH NOW TO WIN IN IOWA...

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

HECK YEAH!!! Im pretty poor, but i sent him 5 bucks the other day...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:00 pm

I love Ron Paul and just saw him in person again last night. It's so weird to find a politician who has common sense and who does what he says he is going to do. And I love that he seems to upset the mainstreamers on both sides of the aisle.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby galenrog » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:11 pm

All we need to do is support and elect like minded people and continue to educate our friends (I have given up on my relatives) as to the precepts of liberty and the proper role of government.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals