A Chunk of Gold at a Good Price

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

A Chunk of Gold at a Good Price

Postby beauanderos » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 am

Gold is on the move again today, soon offerings like these will dry up. There's a nice little piece of French history, at a fair price, up for bids (not my listing) in the auction section... and you have less than an hour to submit the winning bid Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: A Chunk of Gold at a Good Price

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:15 am

you know what?...you're an enabler, i love you Raymundo, but in the rubric of our addiction, YOU are an enabler. (lol)

thats a sweet piece, and i have no gold, for real...but should, which is why i start looking at tenth's yesterday...COZ OF YOU, but i have a hard and fast self "rule"...i only buy American coins, simply coz when it comes time to trade, i dont want to do no schooling with them that desire to trade...face to face trading. i was looking at those indian head 2 and a half dollar pieces, gold, but i couldnt wrap my mind around price discovery...the coin is 4.18 gms and is a 90%'er......so whats the best bid?....silver 90's, i know that market, we're right at 30X, some over, some under...but 90's in American gold?...help....you enabler. neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Kurr » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:21 am

Niel, I am starting do do more gold as well.

Small 1 gram sizes, good for trading, .999 for easy math, very little "educatin" required.

Just sayin... :)
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:34 pm

neilgin1 wrote:you know what?...you're an enabler, i love you Raymundo, but in the rubric of our addiction, YOU are an enabler. (lol)

thats a sweet piece, and i have no gold, for real...but should, which is why i start looking at tenth's yesterday...COZ OF YOU, but i have a hard and fast self "rule"...i only buy American coins, simply coz when it comes time to trade, i dont want to do no schooling with them that desire to trade...face to face trading. i was looking at those indian head 2 and a half dollar pieces, gold, but i couldnt wrap my mind around price discovery...the coin is 4.18 gms and is a 90%'er......so whats the best bid?....silver 90's, i know that market, we're right at 30X, some over, some under...but 90's in American gold?...help....you enabler. neil

well, those french coins go for about $10-20 over melt typically, while the little U.S. gold coins go for about $20-$40 over melt. so if you buy the french fractionals, you get more gold.

French and Swiss 20 Francs and British Sovereigns are all very liquid.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Too bad, so sad... All mine!!!

I was trying to stimulate someone else to buy it, and ended up getting it for myself. Nice little piece of history, as Ray said. No sad eyes here.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals