Took the plunge!!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Took the plunge!!

Postby gizmosinglee » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 am

I have been ease dropping on this site for a while now. I usually sort through a box a month, but this week I bought $550 worth, hoping to get more involved and grow my hoard some more. Thanks for all of the great info.
gizmosinglee

Re: Took the plunge!!

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:59 am

gizmosinglee wrote:I have been ease dropping on this site for a while now. I usually sort through a box a month, but this week I bought $550 worth, hoping to get more involved and grow my hoard some more. Thanks for all of the great info.

Are you sorting cents? $550 is a good score if they are cents. If they are cents from one bank?
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:05 am

Big jump there!

You'll grow fast with those kind of buys :lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby gizmosinglee » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Yeah they are all cents. Around home I can only get a box here and there. I asked a friend of mine in another town to see if he could get me a couple boxes. He called me back said his bank had $550 worth of cents and would love to get rid of them. So far i've gone through 5 boxes and i'm averaging about 25-30%. I hand sort so prolly take me a little while to sort these.
gizmosinglee

Postby Chief » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:53 pm

If you want to keep sorting a good amount like that, buy a Ryedale and do not look back. My Ryedale took my sorting to a new level. I'm close to my first ton and I started handsorting at the beginning of the year, then have run a Ryedale since March or so. Using a Ryedale is night and day compared to handsorting. Keep up the good work and where are you located?
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:35 am

Last edited by RichardPenny43 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 am

Welcome and tell us (approximately if you are sensitive about OPSEC) where you live.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby gizmosinglee » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:43 pm

I live in western kentucky.
gizmosinglee

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:47 pm

gizmosinglee wrote:I live in western kentucky.

Lucky...Rand Paul is your Senator.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby gizmosinglee » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:37 pm

I just found my first Indian Head. Kind of neat seeing that indian for the first time.
gizmosinglee

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:54 pm

gizmosinglee wrote:I just found my first Indian Head. Kind of neat seeing that indian for the first time.

Uh, sorry dude, but the realcent rules clearly state that if you find an Indian Head while sorting before you have made 10 posts you must turn it into the Administrators.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby gizmosinglee » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:39 pm

Well back to work for 2 weeks, then I can finish sorting.
gizmosinglee

Postby 1saved3.11earned » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:50 pm

Welcome to the addiction. When's the Ryedale arriving? Ha
1saved3.11earned

Postby njoElec » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 pm

gizmosinglee wrote:I have been ease dropping on this site for a while now. I usually sort through a box a month, but this week I bought $550 worth, hoping to get more involved and grow my hoard some more. Thanks for all of the great info.

LOL how did you manage to score a pickup with that amount? I find that most banks I request pennies from are sometimes very reluctant to give their boxes out. I'll be lucky to get one or two out when I get the foreign teller(s)...they seem to have some vendetta against me ;)
njoElec
Penny Sorter Member

Postby gizmosinglee » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Yeah i was expecting my buddy to score me a box maybe 2 at the most. When he told me they had $550 worth I was thrilled. Hoping they will have more when I get done sorting what I have.

I dont know about getting a ryedale. Right now I enjoy handsorting and seeing all the different coins. Also, I want to make sure I have a steady supply before I invest in a ryedale.
gizmosinglee

Postby Rosco » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:34 am

Sounds like you are thinking ahead :!: My home bank will take my dumps if i limit it $50 a time or less but you will need the Cookie or Sweets laid on to Sort of keep them happy 8-)

Glad to have you with US :mrgreen:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
gizmosinglee wrote:I just found my first Indian Head. Kind of neat seeing that indian for the first time.

Uh, sorry dude, but the realcent rules clearly state that if you find an Indian Head while sorting before you have made 10 posts you must turn it into the Administrators.

I will have to PM you my address.. since you can't PM until you get to 10 posts either. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby twentybux » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Welcome to the Madness! ;)
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing