PM Crash

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PM Crash

Postby rexmerdinus » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:44 am

Just getting some opinions here from guys who probably know more about the market than I do...

What do you think would have to happen for silver and/or gold to drop back to the level of, say, five years ago? And with the manipulations in the market, do you think such a drop, either sudden or gradual, could be artificially engineered?

rex
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Re: PM Crash

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am

Well, there is the million dollar question(s).

Lets have a go at it.

What do you think would have to happen for silver and/or gold to drop back to the level of, say, five years ago?........High Bond Rates.....decreasing national debt obligations

And with the manipulations in the market, do you think such a drop, either sudden or gradual, could be artificially engineered? Yes......when you make the rules and have most of the chips....you control the game.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Oakair » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:03 am

This is crazy stuff here!

Gold is free-falling...The chart looks much crazier than that of silver, even though silver is at a larger percentage loss...

This too shall pass...They can only delude/dupe the masses for so long
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:06 am

Pure market manipulation ahead of the Davo meeting in Switzerland. You get occasional severe corrections in on ongoing BULL market. Have some CASH ready to BUY MORE when things settle. :|
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am

Gold takes the stairs up and the elevator down. This correction is a good thing in the medium to long term and is welcome in my book.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Mossy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:14 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:Just getting some opinions here from guys who probably know more about the market than I do...

What do you think would have to happen for silver and/or gold to drop back to the level of, say, five years ago? And with the manipulations in the market, do you think such a drop, either sudden or gradual, could be artificially engineered?

rex

Back to 5 years ago? The second coming.

The market manipulators are trying to prevent a meltdown, and we will have one eventually, but they have to be careful as being too heavy handed could blow up in their face. Physical diverging from futures will, IMO, be a big warning.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BOHICA » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

I thought it was because I finally bought some gold last night for the first time since it was $900/oz.
BOHICA
Penny Pincher Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:Just getting some opinions here from guys who probably know more about the market than I do...

rex

Well, some perspective for us all, even though the drop is big, the current price was last seen about... 2 weeks ago. Don't lose any sleep over this gyration. Keep your purchasing pow(d)er handy for buying at a lower price.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 pm

if you go back 5 or 10 years, yes pms are higher in dollars but there are more dollars. so the case for pms is even stronger now than before imho.

there is strong evidence the markets are manipulated so anything is possible. typcially markets retrace 38%, sometimes 50%. how long ago was it that gold was $900? 2 years ago? so to retreat to the 5 years ago price is what, $600?

to fall more than 50% would be astonishing for a number of reasons. first, it would be equal to a sudden 50% rise in the dollar. second, there is strong buying interest at every notch lower.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 pm

The steep hill down just turned into a cliff. The question during the free fall is when to pull the trigger.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ardorlan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:01 pm

rex

Cheap gold creation technology =)
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Postby ardorlan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:09 pm

scrapper2010 wrote:The steep hill down just turned into a cliff. The question during the free fall is when to pull the trigger.

The US Mint is selling gold again, so maybe when they stop sells -again- would be a good time to buy? (I dont know what I am talking about)

http://mintnewsblog.com/2011/08/us-mint ... unchanged/
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Pure market manipulation changing margin requirements suddenly. Margin requirements can only be manipulated up to 100%. These market manipulating commodity exchanges should be investigated. The need to learn that the only gold and silver to own is physical. The paper isn't supported by the real stuff, because it oversold and doesn't exist.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby ardorlan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 pm

ardorlan wrote:
scrapper2010 wrote:The steep hill down just turned into a cliff. The question during the free fall is when to pull the trigger.

The US Mint is selling gold again, so maybe when they stop sells -again- would be a good time to buy? (I dont know what I am talking about)

http://mintnewsblog.com/2011/08/us-mint ... unchanged/

http://mintnewsblog.com/2011/09/gold-an ... yet-again/

The US Mint stop sells -yet again-, so now would be a good time to buy?
ardorlan
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals