How much do we "talk" during the day

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Do You "Chat" More With the Guys on Realcent, Than you do your Wife?

Yes, definitely
6%
I start and finish my day on Realcent, if I did that with my wife she would suspect I was up to something
9%
About the same
14%
I still cherish my wife and spend time attending her needs, Realcent comes in a distant second
26%
No, absolutely not
23%
"Honey, what do you want me to say?"
14%
"You touch my computer again... and I'll break your fingers, Witch. I'll mow the damned lawn when I'm good and ready!"
9%

Total votes : 35

Re: How much do we "talk" during the day

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:54 am

68Camaro wrote:The interesting poll would be how would the wife vote. :) RC has definitely taken time away from other things. Some of that loss of time has been my wife, but I've always insisted on doing this in the open, with her, at least in front of her in a multi-tasking sense, but I'm definitely more distracted with it. However, as shinnosuke notes, she tolerates it, if not supports my time with RC and with PMs in general, as she's seen the economy tank, the dollar become worthless, and PMs rise in value.

how WOULD she vote? lol...sounds like you all got it worked out though, and its a good thing the Mrs appreciates the economic sit we find ourselves in, thats wisdom.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:59 am

Country wrote:As many posts as I have, I still talk with my wife about things even more. She's my partner and we have some in depth discussions about almost anything except probably coins. She's the genius, and I do most of the grunt work.

you are a smart and clever man, more than me. i never learned the two most important words in a marriage, "yes dear", until it was too late.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:30 pm

No neil it's: "you're right, I'm sorry, it'll never happen again"

I'm usually working or on realcent.

As far as Mrs Thogey: Her mouth is rarely empty so I don't really have to talk to her. Sometimes I have too pry her out of a broken piece of furniture, lube her up when she get stuck in a doorway. Just this morning she fell through the floor...again, in the deep part of the crawlspace. The battery on my truck is dead so the winch doesn't work. While the battery charges I have time to do realcent. I just dropped a pizza and a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken down to her so I should be OK for a few minutes.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Thogey wrote:No neil it's: "you're right, I'm sorry, it'll never happen again"

I'm usually working or on realcent.

As far as Mrs Thogey: Her mouth is rarely empty so I don't really have to talk to her. Sometimes I have too pry her out of a broken piece of furniture, lube her up when she get stuck in a doorway. Just this morning she fell through the floor...again, in the deep part of the crawlspace. The battery on my truck is dead so the winch doesn't work. While the battery charges I have time to do realcent. I just dropped a pizza and a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken down to her so I should be OK for a few minutes.

Thog...yeh....good, much better, "you're right, i'm sorry, it'll never happen again"...as far as Mrs. Thogey, you're having a rib on me...in fact if she even saw what you just wrote, you'd be wearing your dried up dessicated testicles as ear ring ornaments. but it was funny.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:51 pm

That's impossible because:
1. She's in the crawlspace
2. They don't have mounting gear (maybe a c-clamp or a caliper press) that is calibrated wide enough to hang anything from here ear. and
C. She already cut off my testicles (Dec 1989) sliced them up, dipped them in egg, rolled them in cornmeal and threw em in the fry daddy. She said they taste like chicken.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:57 pm

....and the thing is I can never leave her because I can't afford rockets powerful enough to escape her gravitational field!
Thogey

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Thogey wrote:....and the thing is I can never leave her because I can't afford rockets powerful enough to escape her gravititional field!

Thogey, I am not laughing at this stuff no matter how much you try to make me. Wait...yes I am. :lol: :lol: :lol: But surely you can't say this stuff in front of her?!?!
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Thogey wrote:....and the thing is I can never leave her because I can't afford rockets powerful enough to escape her gravitational field!

you're on a roll, sir....definitedly doing some SNL class comedy writing...lol.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Thogey wrote:....and the thing is I can never leave her because I can't afford rockets powerful enough to escape her gravitational field!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals