Hello one and all! New member here!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Hello one and all! New member here!

Postby Rastatodd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Just want to introduce myself. I have been a silver collector for little over two years, ever since silver traded at $17 to $19 per ounce. Which feels like many more years ago than that. Don't collect the big prize (Gold) to pricey for this working man. If I only bought gold when it tipped over the $300 per oz.. Would have sold that metal by now. Start collecting world silver coins and US 90%. World silver coins I have found a deal can be had below spot on many occasions. Even now. I stack American Silver Eagles, Canadian Maples, Austrian Philharmonics and Australia Perth MInt Lunars and Kooks. Can't wait to get to know you folks on this site. Happy stacking!
Rastatodd
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Hello one and all! New member here!

Postby texcollex » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Tex
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rastatodd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks for welcoming me on board, Tex. A new PM blog site is a little strange to maneuver around. Like riding my first bike in a way. Just got to jump in and learn.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Yeah, welcome aboard - take the tour.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Welcome to the insanity! ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:06 pm

Ah hah! Another crossover.... from BullionStacker to Realcent... just the opposite of the path I took recently :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:08 pm

beauanderos wrote:Ah hah! Another crossover.... from BullionStacker to Realcent... just the opposite of the path I took recently :lol:

Forums are like women - can only do justice to one at a time! ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Rastatodd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Well, hello Beauanderos. Its good to try different blog sites. Seem each blog site has a different twist to precious metals acquisition. I especially like to hear stories of roll searching and what luck people have pulling silver for the price of a roll. So were does one find a thread about such finds?
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:12 pm

Rastatodd wrote:Well, hello Beauanderos. Its good to try different blog sites. Seem each blog site has a different twist to precious metals acquisition. I especially like to hear stories of roll searching and what luck people have pulling silver for the price of a roll. So were does one find a thread about such finds?

Go into the tracking threads section and Country has compiled incredible statistics that list ongoing finds in several different denominations of coins. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rastatodd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks Beauanderos for helping me find the search thread. Still can't believe there is still silver out there to found. I think I'll give it a try.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:29 am

Rastatodd,
I think you'll find everything is irie here. Welcome and please share your wisdom regularly.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:43 am

Big ups,
    Massive to the people!
    Search on!
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 am

Welcome Rastatodd. You will find great info here on this site. Good people to match. Now a comment on something you said in your initial post here.

You stack silver because gold has become too pricey. This statement is indicative of why the potential in silver is larger than the potential in gold. As the common man watches gold approach $2000/ounce, it becomes clear that they would have trouble buying some (but don't forget about fractionals - 1/10th ounce even 1/20th ounce Canadian gold). So where will they turn when they finally jump in the pool? Silver, the poor mans gold.

Good to have you Rastatodd.

Thoughts?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals