Where are we in the AU/AG Bull market?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Where are we in the AU/AG Bull market?

Postby fb101 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Hulbert does an interesting comparison to the nasdaq bubble of the '90s but
most of us will like what he's got to say

http://www.marketwatch.com/video/asset/ ... 457899BE22
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Where are we in the AU/AG Bull market?

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:52 am

Good video. Don't worry about your metal holdings this bull is strong.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:58 am

If anyone thinks this PM bull market is anywhere close to being over, they have a lot to learn. This is nothing like the tech bubble, the nasdaq bubble or the real estate bubble. This is a 'bailout' bubble and a currency crisis. Gold and silver will rule the roost for quite some time.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby balz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:13 am

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:If anyone thinks this PM bull market is anywhere close to being over, they have a lot to learn. This is nothing like the tech bubble, the nasdaq bubble or the real estate bubble. This is a 'bailout' bubble and a currency crisis. Gold and silver will rule the roost for quite some time.

I agree with you, but I don't understand why the US dollar is strenghtening now and why people are selling PM... I mean: it should be the opposite!
balz
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 am

It is because the Euro zone is actively crashing and burning, so people run investors run into the dollar which is only smouldering at the moment. Another dose of money printing or other snafu and the flames of the dollar will resume.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 am

balz wrote:
Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:If anyone thinks this PM bull market is anywhere close to being over, they have a lot to learn. This is nothing like the tech bubble, the nasdaq bubble or the real estate bubble. This is a 'bailout' bubble and a currency crisis. Gold and silver will rule the roost for quite some time.

I agree with you, but I don't understand why the US dollar is strenghtening now and why people are selling PM... I mean: it should be the opposite!

I used to trade quite frequently and I have trouble understanding these type of days too.

All you have to know is that fiat currency is a facade, a spectre, it's fake, phony and it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Gold and silver are rare, tangible, intrinsic and have been money for the last 6000 years or so.

If the financial system does not implode entirely, there will be a time when we'll have to sell it and buy another undervalued asset class (ie. cash flow real estate).

Damn, just looked at silver and it's $36.60 as of this writting... what an incredible gift. Gotta get ready on the buy button.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 am

Fiat is like the virtual assets people get in the online roll playing games. The only "winners" are the ones who exchange the virtual assets for real world assets.

The fiat game will probably end soon, and the winners will be the ones who exchanged it for real assets.

Fiat could, IMO, get a reprieve, if the PTB put an immediate halt to deficite spending. (har, har, har)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby creshka46 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Mossy wrote:Fiat is like the virtual assets people get in the online roll playing games. The only "winners" are the ones who exchange the virtual assets for real world assets.

+1

I never thought of it that way but you are right on.
Pennies: $4200 - (0) indians - (5)steel - (1) George V Canadian
Nickels: $6500 - (62)war - (23)buf - (1)V nic - (4) key date jeff's
Dimes: $5000 - (24)roos - (2)merc - (2)AgCAN
Halves: $8000 - (7)'64 - (33)40% - (1)walker
creshka46
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:04 pm

creshka46 wrote:
Mossy wrote:Fiat is like the virtual assets people get in the online roll playing games. The only "winners" are the ones who exchange the virtual assets for real world assets.

+1

I never thought of it that way but you are right on.

I like it! +100
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals