Monday, What's in store?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Monday, What's in store?

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:03 pm

All you prognosticators, gurus, swamis, fortune tellers, and general crazies. What is going to happen when the markets open on Sunday/Monday?

I would think it should be heading back up because of the severe correction and that it was due to margin hikes.

What do you all think. I really do value your opinions. Thanks! :)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Re: Monday, What's in store?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:36 pm

The Sheikh's SWAG (Stupid Wild Ass Guess) says mid-20's before it is all over. I swagedly think $25 is the bottom floor it will rebuild on.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby MikeyPooh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:04 pm

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who has a worse track record with predictions than me! However with that said, I think we saw the PM markets firming up later in the day today, once the insiders who knew about the margin increases ahead of us plebes and made their moves early.... I'm thinking the worst may be over for this move and Monday we see either sideways or positive action.
MikeyPooh

Postby Hades12 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:12 pm

MikeyPooh wrote:You'd be hard pressed to find someone who has a worse track record with predictions than me! However with that said, I think we saw the PM markets firming up later in the day today, once the insiders who knew about the margin increases ahead of us plebes and made their moves early.... I'm thinking the worst may be over for this move and Monday we see either sideways or positive action.

+1

Most of the stocks I track ended the day at a + not a big plus but still not going down.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:21 pm

World events could change things, but at the moment (though I've already been wrong at 3 false bottoms in the last 12 hours) I think we've seen the bottom. It tipped the toe into the waters at the 29s, so it can be said that it got into the 20s, and another intra-day dip into the 20s wouldn't be out of the question, but I don't think it's going to see a daily close in the 20s. I think we see more buying Sunday night in Asia. I think we'll see a 3-4 buck rise into Monday morning, then another selling blip from people that either bought low and are looking for a quick buck, or others that will have wished over the weekend that they had sold and will try to catch the blip. It'll hit another equilibrium level, and start another slow rise again.

I think we'll see a repeat of May June (though maybe not so protracted) into October. Slow rises punctuated by occasional dips and spikes. And this will continue into November, unless world markets change the rules. I think we'll see $40 silver again by Thanksgiving.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rastatodd » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Was going to purchase 10 rounds from Goldmart this morning. Prices was at $36 but didn't just wanted to see what 4:00 this afternoon held. Well I saved over $30, waiting. Now I'm happy with the price I paid. But like the thread says what about Monday. Oh well the rounds are in the bank now. I'm grateful for that. Not complaining.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Thanks to those who put in there 2 cents. Here I am wondering if and what I will buy before the overseas markets open on Sunday. I have made some purchases lately which seemed like great deals but now I know I should have waited. However, I don't want to miss the boat on some of the deals that are out there now. I think that the Sheik could be right, but maybe it will start heading up when the markets open. I think that Ag will gain a dollar on the overnight and another couple during Monday's trading (that is my ever so slightly educated guess) so I will probably buy a roll of something this weekend. The way I see it is that nothing fundamental has changed so this bull has got a while to go before pasture time.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:00 pm

its going lower, maybe 25 to 15, especially in light of a bad ECB move, greece, congress is doing the brinksman thing, the dollar looks stronger...and you got a lot of hung dealers also....but then again, i wouldnt be surprised to see 42. i dunno.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:10 pm

options expiration is Tuesday. I think JPMorgan hammers it again. $27 bottom, but likely a print that surges back on support from oversold conditions. TPTB are doing everything they can to discourage anyone from taking delivery from their depleting Comex stores.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby aloneibreak » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:57 pm

more margin hike bs as well...

http://www.kitco.com/reports/KitcoNews2 ... C_CME.html

got to thinking...

any way this news could have been leaked early ?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby MikeyPooh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:22 pm

aloneibreak wrote:any way this news could have been leaked early ?

lol these days I would think it would be more rare to find out info like this was NOT leaked ahead of time. There's a big powerful club that runs the financial world, and we ain't in it!
MikeyPooh

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:28 pm

-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby MikeyPooh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Hehehe I never claimed it was an original thought! ;)
MikeyPooh

Postby shinnosuke » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:32 am

I say that "Greece is the word." If it crashes, there will be more flight to safety in US Treasuries, as non-sensical as that will seem to us. Result? Short-term anyway, lower silver. But you know what they say, what goes down, must go up. :D
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby needler420 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:14 am

Time to trade some gold for silver if i can.
needler420
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:54 am

beauanderos wrote:options expiration is Tuesday. I think JPMorgan hammers it again. $27 bottom, but likely a print that surges back on support from oversold conditions. TPTB are doing everything they can to discourage anyone from taking delivery from their depleting Comex stores.

Certainly possible. But... Have to say, at some point like this - if I was any of the Eastern countries that are stacking PMs, I would be in for all the physical that they can deliver at these current prices, and calling their bluff. What a great time to shift power in the commodity markets to the East. China has enough cash to take all the physical there is in silver, and it would be a great time to take a commanding position in gold.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Well I am anticipating the opening. I bought a few more things from AMPMEX, they have Englehard 1oz. bars for a good price in my opinion. I was really wondering what to do and think the stone might fall further, but I don't want to miss what seems like a great opportunity. It's probably an addiction, but the fundamentals have not changed at all so, I still bet 50 dollar silver is headed our way in the not too distant future. I think there will be a small rebound today, 5 minutes till the foreign markets open.............
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:04 pm

Still dropping hard, I guess I am not very good at guessing.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:05 pm

opens slightly down

fine with me

im still trying to scrape together some cash...
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:11 pm

slightly down was wrong...

just saw 29.23 !

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:25 pm

Wow, maybe 25 dollar silver is coming! This ride has some real thrills and chills! :shock: :o It's OK, I will still be well ahead overall at 25 dollar silver. 8-)
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Gold and silver are currently positive. Maybe the nervous nellies all sold and the strong hands are coming in? 8-)
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I would like to see stability in $35Ag and $1700Au by weeks end.........that would be a very positive sign going forward.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby rsk1963 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:48 pm

We're having a periodic "Check your marbles" kinda moment.

Sure it can be uncomfortable.

Lets get monday outta the way and start thinking longer term.

:twisted:

Keep on stacking.
You can just get more now than you could last tuesday.

Would love to see a floor made at 28 or 29; 32-33ish by the end of the week.
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby MikeyPooh » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:36 am

Yeah this is pretty wild alright heh, I can't force myself to get to bed I gotta keep clicking on kitco lol. Shades of 2008 again... and so much for my prediction lol, the only part I was right about was that I'm always wrong!

Edit: this is wild, gold down $80 Plat down $111 Silver down $4.35 14+% I kinda hope it keeps up til morning and I'll dust off a credit card lol
Last edited by MikeyPooh on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeyPooh

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals