Silver back up over $30! Did you get your discount silver?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver back up over $30! Did you get your discount silv

Postby mflugher » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:32 am

picked up $100 FV of merc dimes, just a minute ago from Provident metals :D was thinking of hitting it earlier but wasn't sure what price was gonna do, I hesitated :( but then again I also hesitated @ $36 on friday :D so for 2xface extra I feel better and safer. If we see another drop I'm gonna go in for another $100 in random junk silver I think.

Wanted to go to the coin store upstairs and see if he is selling but he keeps closing early and when I catch him there he is way busy and I can't wait an hour for service lol. Also since we are both PM buyers in competition I'm not sure if he really wants to see me.

Why I like merc dimes: 1. You might get a numismatic coin there (not likely) 2. merc dimes are ALWAYS silver, in a SHTF situation they are the likely to be the best trade unit as they are immediately recognized as old (and silver) no date checking, etc as opposed to roosie dimes which can be electroplated to look like silver easily to the person who isn't checking the dates or well informed. 3. Other than perhaps copper pennies (which I am dubious of ever being manageable currency, too bulky, too much lifelong beating into peoples head that pennies are effectively worthless) the dime is most likely to be useful currency for day to day transactions, bushel of corn 1 dime, :D 4. Soon I will have another 1000 all silver coins to play with :D
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby mr18 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:20 pm

I have not hesitated, I bought @ spot this past weekend at my local flea market, nothing but roosies and quarters but for this kind of pricing, I will take anything people have to sell.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby mr18 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 pm

I have not hesitated, I bought @ spot this past weekend at my local flea market, nothing but roosies and quarters but for this kind of pricing, I will take anything people have to sell.
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals