Your opinion's worth every cent to Coinstar!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Your opinion's worth every cent to Coinstar!

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Coinstar is asking us how to improve their service:

CoinstarSurvey.questionpro.com

There are some small things that they could do in my city that would be a dramatic improvement -- like offering no fee gift cards for grocery stores! I hope anyone that uses Coinstar will take this survey.
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Re: Your opinion's worth every cent to Coinstar!

Postby RichardPenny43 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Last edited by RichardPenny43 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TwoAndAHalfCents » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:16 am

Some of the options in the survey were interesting like crediting your PayPal account or a pre-paid Amex\Visa\Mastercard. If those options were available without a fee it would make Coinstar more appealing for us. For now I'll just keep going to my lucky Coinstar machine at a grocery store in town. I dumped $100 in zincs there today and requested the gift card option for the grocery store. The machine had "technical difficulties" again and paid out a cash voucher instead of the card. I was happy to take the $100 cash this time - third time in row for me on a $100 dump at this machine.
TwoAndAHalfCents
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:04 am

I don't know about all of you, but the Coinstar near me sucks. It goes sooo slow even with $100, it takes 15+ minutes. Glad I had only dumped there twice before opening a small savings account at a big bank with a nice Cummins coin machine in the lobby. They don't have a problem with anything I've brought in to run through the machine, including $2500+ in halves. I very much dislike Coinstar.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby HD-Daddy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks Derek for the survey I do use coinstar sparringly, would use it more if it was faster and more free LOCAL options. Maybe they will improve it. I like to mix it up, we do not have LObby machines here so I feel like I'm wearing my welcome out having a teller dump. (even though one bank charges me 5%)
HD-Daddy
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Chief wrote:I don't know about all of you, but the Coinstar near me sucks. It goes sooo slow even with $100, it takes 15+ minutes. Glad I had only dumped there twice before opening a small savings account at a big bank with a nice Cummins coin machine in the lobby. They don't have a problem with anything I've brought in to run through the machine, including $2500+ in halves. I very much dislike Coinstar.

I love the slow ones at Stop and Shop.. The wife starts shopping and I catch up to her after I dump..
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Derek.Sheriff » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:53 pm

So far I haven't been able to find either a bank with a no fee counter in the lobby, nor a grocery store machine that gives credit for the store. It surprises me, given the fact that Phoenix is a huge city. You think there would be more competition.
Derek.Sheriff
Penny Collector Member

Postby PennyBoy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Derek.Sheriff wrote:So far I haven't been able to find either a bank with a no fee counter in the lobby, nor a grocery store machine that gives credit for the store. It surprises me, given the fact that Phoenix is a huge city. You think there would be more competition.

+1 for not being able to find a bank with a no-fee counter in the lobby. However, I am not in Phoenix.

Edited to include "no-fee"
Last edited by PennyBoy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
When people lose everything, and have nothing left to lose, they lose it.-Gerald Celente

My feedback: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8534

Happiness is the key to success.
PennyBoy
Penny Collector Member

Postby xpred558 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:39 am

I have yet to find a lobby coin counter that doesnt charge
xpred558

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing