Bank of America Fees

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Bank of America Fees

Postby beauanderos » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:03 am

Well... so much for sorting pennies. It was gonna come to this sooner or later. My money man at the bank today tells me the central vault got suspicious about my $500 weekly order that's been in place for about 21 months and decided to put a stop to it. They are now going to charge $5 a box for pennies. Since I only make $2 a box if I'm lucky... looks like it's time to find a new hobby. I told him to chop the order down to $100 a week and see if it slides past them, but I'll have to find a different source branch or bank if I want to continue. They're charging fees for everything now. :cry:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Bank of America Fees

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:28 am

Maybe they just wanted to be converted to a dump bank. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:08 pm

beauanderos wrote:Well... so much for sorting pennies. It was gonna come to this sooner or later. My money man at the bank today tells me the central vault got suspicious about my $500 weekly order that's been in place for about 21 months and decided to put a stop to it. They are now going to charge $5 a box for pennies. Since I only make $2 a box if I'm lucky... looks like it's time to find a new hobby. I told him to chop the order down to $100 a week and see if it slides past them, but I'll have to find a different source branch or bank if I want to continue. They're charging fees for everything now. :cry:

I'm surprised you've gotten away with it this long. Even my measely one box of pennies per week/per branch is starting to cause cross-eyed looks from the tellers.

As time moves on and the economy gets worse, I expect all banks to be MUCH less friendly with their customers and raise fees dramatically unless you are a large merchant, or a customer who has a very large account with them.

I say phuck all the banks, close your accounts, take all your cash and put it into a private "mattress fund". I am currently in the process of doing this. The thing is you cannot withdrawl more than $5000 at a time because the bank is required to fill out an SAR (suspicious activity report) form. You are then considered a terrorist.

Don't you just love what the USA has become? Karl Marx would be proud.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Cu penny Hoarder:

Hopefully you are converting from cash to bullion at least as cash will just continue to drop in it's value.

Also: When you are using a bank to get free coin that's not a bad thing :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 1saved3.11earned » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:47 pm

I use BoA as a dump bank because they accept uncounted bags.
1saved3.11earned

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing