Don't forget the dentist!

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Don't forget the dentist!

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Yesterday, I was at a Dentist's office fixing a leaky roof. The office manager opened the top drawer to get out a key, when I noticed their coin/change tray. It was FULL of pennies! "Look at all those pennies!!" I said. "Do you want them? I'll sell them to you. We never take them to the bank."

I quickly counted them and left her 26 cents worth of shield pennies. Took $3.50 home and later found:

1- 1944 wheat
1- 1962-D BU!
2- 1963-D BU!
1-1966 AU!
13- 1982
53 common coppers.

We agreed I will be back every three months to do maintenance on the roof (and empty the coin tray!) :D
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Don't forget the dentist!

Postby bman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:28 pm

you must not use Rodebaugh as your dentist! :mrgreen:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Greatwun » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Good score. I have my friends every now and then turn in copper pennies to me in exchange for quarters and zincolns.
Greatwun
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:26 pm

bman wrote:you must not use Rodebaugh as your dentist! :mrgreen:

Yes, I bet the doc would have had those shiny little beauties tucked away somewhere safe!

I was thrilled to see those four from the 1960's. It was not the quantity, but the quality that made me smile.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing