Bizarre story

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Bizarre story

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:26 pm

I guess the part about him having rolls of coins caught my attention. LOL. Anyway, in a way he is living the dream. Has plenty of assets and does really need the $$. Secretly, it is about having the freedom. I'd probably be content stockpiling copper forever if I had enough $$ set aside:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/ ... r-himself/
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Bizarre story

Postby DRP270 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Good for him. Trying to do good at 97. I hope I can contribute should I make it to that age.
DRP270
Penny Pincher Member

Postby rickygee » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Kids in Cuba need help too!
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Postby PeacePeople » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:56 am

I'd settle for alive and independant at 97.
PeacePeople
Penny Pincher Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Hard to believe they published his address and noted that he has bundles of cash just laying around his home. Hope hes got some protection.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:34 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:Hard to believe they published his address and noted that he has bundles of cash just laying around his home. Hope hes got some protection.

I thought the same thing! The folks shooting the video were stupid not to edit that out.
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm

I think that sinc he is taking "donation" money from people in one city that he should us the money collected to help people in the same city, I am sure that whatever city he is in that it has homeless shelters, food banks or other groups that could use the money for local people
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing