1986 french commemorative

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

1986 french commemorative

Postby knibloe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:14 pm

What do you guys think of these coins? What would you pay for one. 30 grams of 90% silver.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/France-MONNAIE- ... 27c008f4e9

Sorry that I do not know how to make it link automatically.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: 1986 french commemorative

Postby beauanderos » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Nice looking coin, if you're into novelty. It has a little over $30 melt value. Might be hard to liquidate, if you have to do so in a hurry.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:44 am

I would not pay over 30 bucks shipped. They have no premium to speak of. I had a few and sold them on e-bay when the price of silver was higher.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby knibloe » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:09 pm

I picked one up for $8 two months ago. I kind of like it. I was just wondering if I should keep looking for deals on them.

I suppose you are right about the limited liquidity. That would prompt me to pay less for them.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals