separating 25th sets

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

separating 25th sets

Postby penny pretty » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Im tracking sales on ebay(have 3 sets) and it seems that separating the sets are getting a better price! added up the avg bid for thw 2 key coins, and the three left over with the box, and its $875-900! full sets are going from high 700s to low 800s. think its because ya can get part of it if you have less to spend? let me know what ya think!!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: separating 25th sets

Postby texcollex » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 pm

You will pay a good deal more in feebay fees for separate auctions. The cap on fees for those is $100 per auction. It could be that you might come out a bit ahead, but You need to take into account that you may have to pay up around $80 per auction doing individual sets.
texcollex
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:56 pm

penny pretty wrote:Im tracking sales on ebay(have 3 sets) and it seems that separating the sets are getting a better price! added up the avg bid for thw 2 key coins, and the three left over with the box, and its $875-900! full sets are going from high 700s to low 800s. think its because ya can get part of it if you have less to spend? let me know what ya think!!

Thats the way WVCoin is sellling um for a week now 8-)

know the market.........profit
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby oober » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:34 am

The ones I am selling I broke up also, should net me an extra 50-100 after fees and such on each set. The market does get smalle the more expensive something is going for, and some people just want the keys anyways.
oober
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:59 am

texcollex wrote:You will pay a good deal more in feebay fees for separate auctions. The cap on fees for those is $100 per auction. It could be that you might come out a bit ahead, but You need to take into account that you may have to pay up around $80 per auction doing individual sets.

The $100 cap on ebay fees was the deciding factor for me selling my five sets sealed. That and the fact that it was easier to ship the whole thing to one address instead of ten or so different address/buyers.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 am

This is where I wish I would have lined up other people (or at least other people's information) to get additional sets. I sold my 5 together as a sealed box and was very happy with the profits but it would have been nice to have 5-10 more sets to play with and experiment with doing things like this.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby daviscfad » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:28 am

:P Let me tell u from experience. I broke up my sets and sold them one or two at the time.fees which i didn't pay but still there were 48 to 50 per single set plus 20 paypal fee which i paid. Now your at 70 bucks per set. Then to ship them registered they had to go out priority so it was 25 a set to ship, more on the sets that had 2. Now your looking around 100 per set. Multiply that by 5 and you got 500 in fees. If you sold 5 sealed the fees were around 150 with a max of 50 shipped registered. So u come out 300 cheaper. Now if u can make up that difference in selling them single go for it but i doubt you can.
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby PolishPunisher » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:33 am

I didn't want to deal with multiple buyers or shipping all of them.
PolishPunisher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby penny pretty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:54 pm

thanks for the info! still not decided,maybe Ill flip a coin.anyone around here got one I can borrow?
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals