90% is slowing down in the Real Cent Classifieds...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

90% is slowing down in the Real Cent Classifieds...

Postby JJM » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Interesting to note, sub-spot deals aren't selling right away in our "Buy it Now" area. Junk silver sales are slowing a bit, at least on here. Are the days of yore returning!?!
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Re: 90% is slowing down in the Real Cent Classifieds...

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 pm

I can only speak for myself, but given "our" recent expansion to another marketplace, I haven't found myself buying much 90%. However, I only bought it to trade for .999, so others may be different.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dakota1955 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:55 pm

I believe that some of us are waiting for a down turn to buy in. We can buy it now in the spread of 23-24 times face. Been that way for a while.
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Little cash, and hopes of a drop.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Just no extra cash on hand or I would scoop up the deals.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:49 pm

i probably scared everybody by reminding them about the taxes.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby bman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:21 pm

the below spot deals have been too rich for my blood, I can only do small batches at one time. :oops:
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hades12 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:29 pm

A lot of Dollors went across yesterday that looked good but I got a Roll from apmex over the weekend at spot. that was about $500 more then I needed to spend. I have several projects that need cash right now maybe time to thin the herd at my house.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby Hawkeye » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:54 pm

I would be all over them, but have no FRNs. I have been wanting to jump on a roll for a while, and when I do, that's all it will be- one roll (and that will be a big buy for me). I'm usually stuck trying to build my stack a coin or two at a time. It adds up over time, but is frustrating when a good deal comes around.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Hawkeye wrote:I would be all over them, but have no FRNs. I have been wanting to jump on a roll for a while, and when I do, that's all it will be- one roll (and that will be a big buy for me). I'm usually stuck trying to build my stack a coin or two at a time. It adds up over time, but is frustrating when a good deal comes around.

+! Difficult to get available FRN for PMs
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah im at 22.5x for decent walkers and franks and action.
Pretty surprised to say the least
misteroman

Postby twentybux » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:47 am

NHsorter wrote:Just no extra cash on hand or I would scoop up the deals.

Heard that. Darn Santa keeps takin' my money. Just made a deal with Adam for an X box 360. Darn you Santa!!! :evil:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 am

I think the reality is... the economy is affecting our membership. We all KNOW we should be all over constantly acquiring more precious metals, particularly on dips, but everyday expenses (and gift-buying) get in the way. I run below melt sales every weekend, and I'm lucky if I can sell one roll of Rosies to a membership that exceeds 1000. The entire point of me continuously running sales is predicated on the notion that why are any of us looking for deals on ebay, when our own membership will offer better deals? We need to establish loyalty to our own members, and be able to count on liquidity of quick cash for desperately needed money on sales of items priced below market, rather than constantly brag about "the deal I got on ebay." Yeah, you may have got a slight discount... but how many HOURS did you spend bidding and browsing to accomplish that? Why pay their fees, when we have our own black market? Any time I run a sale, you are welcome to offer to buy a smaller amount at the same rate, it's just that shipping is gonna eat you. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:11 am

There is a fiat shortage. I bought 50 silver dollars from the gubment for twice melt.. so now I don't have any extra for junk silver. I like the shiny ones anyway. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:16 am

Van in the shop, $1185
Abscessed tooth, $985
Money for silver over Christmas $0 :evil:
Only recourse, mine for 90%/35% for awhile :mrgreen:
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby tn-dave » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:55 am

"fiat shortage" pretty much sums it up for me. I've been able to pick up a few deals here but those bills just keep coming every month..
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:59 am

Pellet stove $1500
ton of pellets $225
Presents for family $ 500
cash for the stash.. 0 :(
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 am

I forgot.. I still have $600 waiting on the US Mint...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hades12 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:08 am

beauanderos wrote:I think the reality is... the economy is affecting our membership. We all KNOW we should be all over constantly acquiring more precious metals, particularly on dips, but everyday expenses (and gift-buying) get in the way. I run below melt sales every weekend, and I'm lucky if I can sell one roll of Rosies to a membership that exceeds 1000. The entire point of me continuously running sales is predicated on the notion that why are any of us looking for deals on ebay, when our own membership will offer better deals? We need to establish loyalty to our own members, and be able to count on liquidity of quick cash for desperately needed money on sales of items priced below market, rather than constantly brag about "the deal I got on ebay." Yeah, you may have got a slight discount... but how many HOURS did you spend bidding and browsing to accomplish that? Why pay their fees, when we have our own black market? Any time I run a sale, you are welcome to offer to buy a smaller amount at the same rate, it's just that shipping is gonna eat you. :?

Beauanderous runs a great sale every weekend. It is the first thread I look for every friday evening or saturday morning. I have not gotten a roll yet, but I have been real close several times on a roll of dimes. I check my cash flow every friday just to see If I can swing some from him.

I should not have gotten the roll of dollars but just could not pass them up.
Hades12
Penny Collector Member

Postby hejira11 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I know they are printing it from thin air, but must it spent the same way? :)
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Here in the Middle Midwest, the cheapest of cheap beers can be had for one US90% quarter per six pack. Still enough money left for a Snicker's bar after the sales tax.

That assumes the buy rate of $22 per $1 face holds for awhile. The beer buzz and resulting headache one gets from the cheap swill will serve as a distraction for the lightness of your wallet.

Seriously, though, hard times are being felt everywhere. None of us have a printing press to fire up when more funds are needed. The new year will be just a continuation of this lousy 365 days.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:44 pm

I've been a happy receiver of many RC offers, especially - in the past - 90%. I'm mostly full up on 90%, personally. Future silver purchases are focusing on silver bullion.

Someone else needs to take up the slack!! :lol:
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby avidbrandy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Yea I've got things that require FRNs at the moment, and I"m comfortable with the amount of silver I have for now.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals