Dinner with Realcenters in Texas

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Dinner with Realcenters in Texas

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:39 am

Chris6084 (with fiancee) & Avidbrandy (with wife) joined Mrs. shinnosuke and me at our favorite Turkish restaurant for dinner. Good discussion and laughs. I look forward to doing it again soon. Great way to share info about the joys of penny sorting.

I would like to propose (again) that all of us in TX get together in Austin or San Antonio for lunch some day when the dadblamed weather cools off a bit.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Dinner with Realcenters in Texas

Postby TXBullion » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 am

shinnosuke wrote:Chris6084 (with fiancee) & Avidbrandy (with wife) joined Mrs. shinnosuke and me at our favorite Turkish restaurant for dinner. Good discussion and laughs. I look forward to doing it again soon. Great way to share info about the joys of penny sorting.

I would like to propose (again) that all of us in TX get together in Austin or San Antonio for lunch some day when the dadblamed weather cools off a bit.

I was thinking to propose something along these lines. I have to work in TX for almost the whole month of October. Not sure how much extra time I have to do it. I was going to propose. It would have to be Houston area as I would be limited in time :lol: Maybe anther time......

Theres at least 3 other guys in Houston :)
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby chris6084 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:53 am

I am glad to finally have met some people off of this board. We will have to do this again sometime.
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby psi » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:03 am

Can't say I've ever tried Turkish food, what dishes are good?
psi
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby daviscfad » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:50 am

sounds like a good time
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:59 pm

TXBullion wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Chris6084 (with fiancee) & Avidbrandy (with wife) joined Mrs. shinnosuke and me at our favorite Turkish restaurant for dinner. Good discussion and laughs. I look forward to doing it again soon. Great way to share info about the joys of penny sorting.

I was thinking to propose something along these lines. I have to work in TX for almost the whole month of October. Not sure how much extra time I have to do it. I was going to propose. It would have to be Houston area as I would be limited in time :lol: Maybe anther time......

Houston wouldn't be bad, it's my hometown after all. However, the more observant on this website have noticed that TX is larger, a lot larger, in both size and attitude, than all the other generic states like WV, FL, IL, WV, AR, OK and WV. So I was thinking a more central location like Austin or San Antonio would serve us better.

Either way, I look forward to meeting more RC friends.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:03 pm

psi wrote:Can't say I've ever tried Turkish food, what dishes are good?

Definitely try the doner kebab. It's beef and lamb. Also ask for a "Meze" platter which is a sampling of a bunch of appetizers. If you drop by San Antonio, I'll show you how to eat that stuff. :lol:
Last edited by shinnosuke on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Oakair » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:27 pm

shinnosuke wrote: all the other generic states like WV, FL, IL, WV, AR, OK and WV. So I was thinking a more central location like Austin or San Antonio would serve us better.

:lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Don't forget generic Indiana! :D
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:22 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Don't forget generic Indiana! :D

And Indiana! :mrgreen:
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:49 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
TXBullion wrote:

Houston wouldn't be bad, it's my hometown after all. However, the more observant on this website have noticed that TX is larger, a lot larger, in both size and attitude, than all the other generic states like WV, FL, IL, WV, AR, OK and WV. So I was thinking a more central location like Austin or San Antonio would serve us better.

Either way, I look forward to meeting more RC friends.

I wouldn't trade one acre of WV for 1000 acres of that dirt farm just north of the Rio.

And....as for size.
ImageImage
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasTT » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 pm

That is why I live in Canada :P

We still actually have oil and gold in our ground up here.
fasTT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Alright, you Yankees from WV and Canada can come too.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ed_vantage17 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:31 am

I hear Baja Oklahoma is nice to visit.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Consider this my public apology to the state of Texas and its inhabitants. (scotty)

For I was wrong to call it “a dirt farm north of the Rio”. Texas is a beautiful land full of quality people with rich heritage, culture, and strong family values. These resilient folks, strong with pioneering attitude, have carved out a prosperous society from the rugged untamed land in just a few short generations. Acting as true Americans to fight when called upon and lend a hand to the less fortunate and downtrodden. There’s a lot to be proud off. Hats off to you Texans.
Rodebaugh
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Arizona sucks. You can get a haboob at any moment.

Please stay out of Arizona. Especially if you live to the west (excluding Hawaii). It is much better where you are now.

I'd love to see more Texans here. Y'all are welcome. I loves Texas and the people there. Why don't Californians want to go to Texas and f- their state up? I just can't figure that one out. Thogeys have to visit again. I was stationed in Del-Rio for a while, a paradise, no Ca-Mc mansion, HOA subdivisions. Lake Amistad, BIG stripers. Acuna was fun too, it's probably a war zone by now.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 pm

ed_vantage17 wrote:I hear Baja Oklahoma is nice to visit.

Oh, no, señor. ¿No te gustaría Oklahoma. Tiene también muchos anglos. No hay que preocuparse. Nos indocumentados "Vistors" se hará cargo del Estado en breve. Gracias! :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby maoguinn » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

Oh, no, señor. ¿No te gustaría Oklahoma. Tiene también muchos anglos. No hay que preocuparse. Nos indocumentados "Vistors" se hará cargo del Estado en breve. Gracias! :mrgreen:

OK, translate please. :?
maoguinn
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

Let me give it a translation try.

Oh, no, sir. Don't just visit Oklahoma. Move on in. Married to your Sister. Not a problem. Not an indecent "visitor" like action here....you'll fit right in with those brave cargo shorts. Thanks! :mrgreen:

I will like to take this opportunity to apologize to the folks of Oklahoma:

For I was wrong to assume folks there tolerate “sister marriers”. Oklahoma is a beautiful land full of quality people with rich heritage, culture, and strong family values. These resilient folks, strong with pioneering attitude, have carved out a prosperous society from the rugged untamed land in just a few short generations. Acting as true Americans to fight when called upon and lend a hand to the less fortunate and downtrodden. There’s a lot to be proud off. Hats off to you Oklahomans.
Rodebaugh
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXTim » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 pm

I'll smoke some briskets if you want to do something at my place in October.
Texas style, not Turkish!
Beer is my currency
TXTim
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

Oh, no, sir. Don't just visit Oklahoma. Move on in. Married to your Sister. Not a problem. Not an indecent "visitor" like action here....you'll fit right in with those brave cargo shorts. Thanks! :mrgreen: I will like to take this opportunity to apologize to the folks of Oklahoma:

Rodebaugh

Holy crap! Ha HA hah haahaa LMFAO Ba ha ha ha.

I can't stand it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 am

TXTim wrote:I'll smoke some briskets if you want to do something at my place in October.
Texas style, not Turkish!

Where in TX are you, sir? And thanks for the offer.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:27 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

Oh, no, sir. Don't just visit Oklahoma. Move on in. Married to your Sister. Not a problem. Not an indecent "visitor" like action here....you'll fit right in with those brave cargo shorts. Thanks! :mrgreen:

I will like to take this opportunity to apologize to the folks of Oklahoma:

Hats off to you Oklahomans.
Rodebaugh

Well, I would translate it, but I don't want to be anti-climatic! Rodebaugh's version is funnier!!! :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:42 am

Okay, for those who can't stand it, here is the translation:

"Oh, no, mister. You would not like Oklahoma. It has too many Anglos in it. Not to worry. We undocumented "visitors" will take over soon. Thanks!"

I nominate Rodebaugh to be Realcent's official translator. He may not get it right, but we will never be bored! :mrgreen:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:22 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Okay, for those who can't stand it, here is the translation:

"Oh, no, mister. You would not like Oklahoma. It has too many Anglos in it. Not to worry. We undocumented "visitors" will take over soon. Thanks!"

I nominate Rodebaugh to be Realcent's official translator. He may not get it right, but we will never be bored! :mrgreen:

I am glad you liked it. I greatfully with much pride and honor accept the position of chief head translator for Realcent.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Next

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing