Buffaloes!

Discussions pertaining to the investing in, collecting and saving of U.S. CuNi Nickels and Canadian Ni and CuNi Nickels, and other coins containing nickel. Put in your "5 cents" here.

Buffaloes!

Postby galenrog » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:12 pm

I happened upon a large lot of Buffs last week and snagged them up. 3600 plus. About 1/3 slicks, 1/3 partial date, and 1/3 readable date Have not found and super great condition coins, but have found a few lower mintage coins in the mess. The advice I want is how these should be divided up to maximize return. Most readable dates are from the '30s. Right now they are in paper rolls sitting in the safe.
Last edited by galenrog on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Re: Buffaloes!

Postby CU Baker » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 am

1/3 slicks=1300 coins
1/3 partial dates=1300 coins
1/2 readable dates=1800 coins

total of 4400 coins, net gain 800 coins while in your safe. I wish my silver would multiply like rabits in mine. :lol:
Marriage is grand, divorce is a hundred grand!
CU Baker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby galenrog » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Sorry, the fat finger shuffle hit me again. Post has been edited. Still want comments on how this should be marketed for maximum return.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby agmoose » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Knowing what you paid would help determine that. I'd imagine you may sell in rolls or mixed lots. One thing about Buffs is there are always buyers.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm definitely no expert, but I have bought some buffs here and there on ebay, so here is my two cents. I would pull out the rarer dates and sell them individually. The full dates you could go rolls or, if you want to try something smaller, you could put together 10-12 years in a row and sell them as "starter collections." I've seen that done a few times with a little higher premium than just lots of random full dates. Partial dates are tricky. As for the dateless ones, they have no value - sell them all to me for $.05/each. ;) Just kidding, but for some reason I do buy a roll or two of dateless buffs every now and then and might be interested in a few of them myself if you put them up for sale here. For partial dates and dateless, I would compare shipping costs of varying amounts to try to maximize profits. People will always pay a premium for full dates, so that is where I would try to make money on the lot.

Nice score, and good luck selling them!
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby getdong » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:32 am

nice comeup
getdong
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins