Where will Spot Prices Head in 2016?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Where will Spot Prices Head in 2016?

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:24 am

referring to the final winners spread sheet linked here http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=35696

Quick analysis of our guesses (is this because we share a bias as stackers?) indicate that we were all overly optimistic regarding our predictions
(mirroring the reflection that things will often become worse than any can imagine)... yet not quite so bad as the most pessimistic among us had predicted.

Will this trend continue into 2016? I imagine so. Has anything changed in the fundamentals? No.

I'm not talking about the fundamentals of our rationale for stacking precious metals. That remains unchanged. And events are lining up to provide those
late to the game with excellent entry points. And long-timers the opportunities to lower our DCA :D

What I'm talking about when I propose that "the fundamentals haven't changed," is that, until the system breaks, TPTB will keep the markets fixed.
Those who push the prices down will continue to do so until physical scarcity (again) shoves premiums back up, leading to a final divergence of pricing
based on paper vs physical.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Where will Spot Prices Head in 2016?

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:28 am

We will end 2016 higher in price than the end of 2015
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby pennypicker » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:05 am

I see PM prices being flat the first half of 2016 and picking up slightly the second half. But overall 2016 should be a lackluster year--good for stacking however and lowering our DCA's.

Happy New Year folks and remember to invest not only in metals but in your physical health as well :thumbup:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:43 pm

IMO lower that where they are now, then go higher as 2016 progresses. As for the exact timing, I have no idea.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:20 am

Unfortunately, I see lower prices with a possible increase at election time in Q4 (providing the Right person is elected).I'm feeling more of a $10-12 range and a $900- $1,000 range. Wish I could see differently but I just don't for this year. I hope I'm wrong.

More steady stacking to take advantage of to DCA and maybe 5 of the major governmental tubes, some collector pieces will likely be on the plate for me this year. Focusing on more older bars as well as some art bars at lower prices with low mintage rounds (I.e. Privateer #1)

2017 - 2018 is where I see the spot price rising at a more positive rate and climbing hopefully back to the $18 - $20 range.

Many of the small mineing company's today will end up in some private equity group and get aquired by larger mineing company. I'd assume that these company's have a higher degree of certainty on where the "better" PM deposits are located in The America's and abroad. With all the overhead and having to continually brace themselves for lower spot prices, there's no doubt they need a way out or a way to stay afloat longer because it's going to have to pay in quantity to offset the lower profit margin they usually take in.

If it doesn't work they continue sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss.

Now, not only the paper market is leveraged but the mining company's are as well. This is where the ETF's get SLAMMED HARD :o ...Big domino falls down :o

Gobs and gobs of uncertainty easily clouds judgement. Too much speculation and TPTB with their assumptions will continue to determine what's needed out of 2016 and how TPTB can press upon the markets and the public with "good reasons mind you " :roll: A way that makes the events that have yet to come are already fixed because they've found the right way to correct the problem. Yet again sweeping under the rug.

So many factors are in play right now that at any movement could easily trigger a complete opposite outcome. If things stay at the current "event rate" these spot numbers I mentioned are what I feel are most likely to happen.

Done with the rant off to sleep.

Wait and see....stay the course.......and keep stacking ;)

IMO of course
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:41 pm

I tend to agree with the down early in the year and up in Nov/Dec projections. Oil and silver/gold will separate, as oil will remain low all yr.....and into 2017/2018, unless OPEC shuts down their wells. I think by this time next yr, silver will be at $17 and gold at $1175. Maybe that is just wishful thinking as I continue to stack. But I believe we are headed for another 20% in the stock markets and hat will have people turning to silver and gold again.

Either way....I will be at FUN next week.....stacking. I had a pretty solid yard sale and garage cleaning to raise some extra cash over the holidays. It is all going to Ag & Au.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:09 am

Prices will go lower, with lots of head fakes a long the way... look at what happened to silver today.

As the stock market continues to get nailed, there will be forced selling of paper PMs. Think 2008.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:13 am

I just pray we don't see mushroom clouds in 2016.

I just pray.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:36 am

neilgin1 wrote:I just pray we don't see mushroom clouds in 2016.

I just pray.

I hope it lands right on my head, that way I get vaporized.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby J_Dodge » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:27 am

neilgin1 wrote:I just pray we don't see mushroom clouds in 2016.

I just pray.

A double and triple "Amen" to that Neil. To many hot heads in the world w/ nothing to loose.

JD
J_Dodge
Penny Collector Member

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:07 pm

It looks like silver and probably gold too are building a base at these levels. I don't see the price going much lower unless the stock market crashes and takes paper down too. I thought some Chinese exchange (not the AIIB) was supposed to replace the COMEX this year, but I haven't kept up on it. If that happens I'll be glad that I'm a buyer now, but I'm trying to save cash right now too to keep more options on the table.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:36 pm

They say the trend is your friend and there is no doubt that both gold and silver are in long-term downtrends. So in this case the trend is my enemy. Except that dollar cost averaging means I can buy more at a cheaper price. So now it is my friend again. Maybe it is more like a frenemy. :)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals