2012 ATB Volcanoes Hawaii 5oz coin

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

2012 ATB Volcanoes Hawaii 5oz coin

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Do you think the Hawaii 5oz coin is going to be a good flipper? Mintage of 25k.

As you can see a lot of the other ones didn't sell out.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/st ... ifier=8305

The mint produced almost 2x their "normal" production on the regular quarters because of the expected demand for the Hawaii quarters.

My thought is its a 50/50. What are your thoughts?
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: 2012 ATB Volcanoes Hawaii 5oz coin

Postby slickeast » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 pm

The first 5 didn't do well. I don't think this one will do any better
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby slickeast » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:10 pm

I think that it will have a 50% chance to sell above the buy price. A 70% chance of not making any money,a 10% chance to be profitable and a 30% chance to break even. And these results will only happen 40% of the time
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SilverChaser111 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Personally, I think it will be popular. I plan on picking up a cpl of the "P" version, as well as a cpl of the bullion versions. And I haven't purchased any ATB's up until now, but there's no way I'm missing out on this one! Surprisingly, I heard someone say he thought it would look better in the bullion finish instead of the vapor blasted look, but 100k vs 25k is a big difference for mintage...

As you said, the mint DOUBLED their production of quarters for the Hawaii volcanoes design, but are stcking to the limited mintage on the 5 ozers... Even tho the previous releases didn't sell out, I def think this one will. How long it will take tho, who knows. If it doesn't sell out or accumulate a nice sized premium later, it still looks awesome... great design imo :D

I don't think you can compare this one to all the others because I believe ppl like myself who aren't even buying these ATB's are gonna come out for this one. Hawaii is just that popular... ppl love those lil islands :clap: :lol:
SilverChaser111
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Sterling Silver » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 pm

I collect the series in bullion coins. I only got the "P" version of the 2010's.
"I can tell your fancy, I can tell your plain.
You give something up for everything you gain.
Since every pleasures' got an edge of pain,
Pay for your ticket and don't complain." Bob Dylan
Sterling Silver
Penny Sorter Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals