If reddit fans move towards Silver would you mind?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

If reddit fans move towards Silver would you mind?

Postby JobIII » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:19 pm

On the heels of the whole gamestop craze. Wouldn't it be wonderful that same thing happened to silver?

Trying to understand what would happen to physical silver if silver stocks were squeezed.

So far the only downside I can immediately see is people melting down valuable examples because their melt outweighs the numismatic value.
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Re: If reddit fans move towards Silver would you mind?

Postby Thogey » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:36 pm

And at what price do you sell?

It could be so volatile moving physical for the right price would be challenging.

Im mean its already popped a buck at the open
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby JobIII » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:45 pm

I'm seeing a lot of people getting pretty eager to unload at $50/oz. Perfect timing this week with a blizzard on the way. Just what you want when transporting a small fortune.
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby dbalek » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:00 pm

I'd rather Reddit push towards Copper! ;)
dbalek

Postby silverflake » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:14 am

As of Thursday they already had moved in. To my friends here, I haven't posted much lately but I thank you for all the insight and info over the years as I (and hopefully most of us) am sitting pretty as things unfold this week and this year. With European markets about to open silver has touched $30/oz and First Majestic Silver has traded in the early morning (after hours) at $25/share after being at about $14/share last Monday. Buckle up friends its going to be a bumpy ride.

Keep stacking.....or maybe, finally, sit and wait a bit.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:50 am

I'd like the move up to be more organic in nature, but I'll take it. I'd feel a little more secure if it closed above $30. Would not surprise me if TPTB slammed it back down later today.

Fun to go to the bullion dealers and view the current asking prices. $100FV junk bags I was buying in March for $1000 are now $2700.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:01 am

All of this is just so crazy to watch, and, be living through. I bought 2 rounds last week (posted them here) simply bc I wanted to start stacking- had nothing to do with any pricing at all. And now, this, lol.
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:52 am

$30 has proven to one heck of a tough resistance point to bust through and for the time being it is holding tough again!
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Gipper1985 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:12 pm

It seems that this is not being pushed by the Game Stop crowd. I don't think it's going anywhere.
Gipper1985
Penny Sorter Member

Postby AdamsSamoa » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm

It is not being pushed by the Game Stop crowd... There was some Traffic on Reddit last week about Silver which the Wallstreetbets posters are now calling a false flag. It was picked up by the main stream Media and reported on... there was a run on physical by the stackers / Game Stop FOMOs that did want to miss the next bus.

The resistance is from the FOMOs on the last run up that bought above 30 and held...

just the look from my fox hole...
AdamsSamoa
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby coppernickel » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:31 pm

Watching this market is interesting. On the one hand silver has been a very manipulated market for a long time pushing the price down. Now we have the Reddit crew, and others, actively pushing it up.

This should be interesting to watch.

AdamsSamoa wrote:just the look from my fox hole...

That is my thought as well. The fundamentals have not changed. My course has been set. This in not the time to act rashly or change course. It is time to watch the spectacle and entertainment of the fly by nighters.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:53 pm

dbalek wrote:I'd rather Reddit push towards Copper! ;)

So true that would be amazing!

I hope this new administration moves away from the penny. So things can happen with our Cu stacks.
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby dbalek » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:16 pm

APMEX currently wants 30x for $100 face value bags of 90% silver, not available until Feb 15th?!?
dbalek

Postby Corsair » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:20 pm

dbalek wrote:APMEX currently wants 30x for $100 face value bags of 90% silver, not available until Feb 15th?!?

An outrageous price! See the Market Area for much more reasonably priced silver :D
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:42 pm

dbalek wrote:APMEX currently wants 30x for $100 face value bags of 90% silver, not available until Feb 15th?!?

Wow. That is F'n insane! :shock:
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernickel » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:18 pm

I do believe we have proof that the Four Dictators are more powerful than the little investors. Two dollar drop in silver prices today, wow.
Silver Monometalism is the most permanent and stable form of money the world has seen. Natural law and history prove silver value is best multiplied by gold and best divided by copper. It is only in this counterfeit currency time when the natural law appears suspended.
coppernickel
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JobIII » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:10 pm

Yeah that drop really took the excitement out of the day. I was hoping for some gme level craziness in the kitco live feed...
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:43 pm

AdamsSamoa was right. The posts on reddits "wallstreetbets" about SLV to $1000 apparently had a lot of "bot" generated messages. Someone, it would seem, was trying to pull the attention away from Gamestop with the SLV red herring. To any of you who hold shares, it was a great call selling day. I sold calls on monday on the AG and WPM I held. Bought them back yesterday almost worthless. Theres always an angle....

Be alert and keep stacking, friends.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby pmbug » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:46 pm

I didn't really expect much from the WSB crowd when I first heard about this. I figure they are short attention span peeps looking for quick hitters. To squeeze the silver futures market is going to take a lot of stamina. I'm skeptical these peeps have the will and determination to fight a protracted war.

But then I discovered today that they have created their own subreddit for the effort:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wallstreetsilver/

Over 18K participants at the moment. Some interesting posts. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. -Lao Tzu

You can find me ranting at clouds on pmbug.com.
pmbug
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Looks like a lot of them are buying physical.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:33 am

I wonder what they will pay to buy the bags from the public. In other words, what is their true spread in a volatile market scenario...
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:36 am

silverflake wrote:AdamsSamoa was right. The posts on reddits "wallstreetbets" about SLV to $1000 apparently had a lot of "bot" generated messages. Someone, it would seem, was trying to pull the attention away from Gamestop with the SLV red herring. To any of you who hold shares, it was a great call selling day. I sold calls on monday on the AG and WPM I held. Bought them back yesterday almost worthless. Theres always an angle....

Be alert and keep stacking, friends.

I love your thinking about playing the options. And I also like selling the gigantic premiums and buying back when the implied volatility (IV) crumbles.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

Please note that ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- sometimes substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) as well.
Recyclersteve

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals