Sell your Silver? Zimbabwe notes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Sell your Silver? Zimbabwe notes

Postby newton7 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:15 am

I did a search but did not see it here so I had to ask.

Is this guy real? ZImbabwe notes????? Sell my silver?

10 Reasons Why You Should Sell Your Silver And Invest In The Zimbabwe Currency
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ass6bKxj ... ure=fvwrel

Call me crazy but I do not think this guy has all his marbles?
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Sell your Silver? Zimbabwe notes

Postby newton7 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:25 am

Ok,

If I'm reading it right the guy who originally posted the first video is really a silver and gold bug that was making a spoof for youtube. Then this guy posted his video and has posted a couple of others. That is gotta really bite if this guy sold his silver based on youtube video and bought all that paper.

Ouch!
"It is only worth what someone will pay for it."

"Fly low, fly slow and don't make much noise."

my old feed back viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2348
newton7
Penny Pincher Member

Postby henrysmedford » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:50 am

From --http://www.cointalk.com/t158433/
The long shot is the US sent them Presidential dollars to use. Allso Ecuador got most of the SBA dollars and they also use the Sacagawea dollar. :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a friend in brazil who says if makes fun of zimbabwe currency. It's trash.
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:04 am

Zimbabwe notes are worthless except as collectibles. They are pretty easy to sell on e-bay and a nice teaching tool about the dangers of hyperinflation. People get a thrill out of holding a 50 or 100 trillion dollar note. However, they are not a good investment unless you get some cheap and plan on selling them piecemeal. The guy who made the video is a total sucker or a lowlife scammer.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:54 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Zimbabwe notes are worthless except as collectibles. They are pretty easy to sell on e-bay and a nice teaching tool about the dangers of hyperinflation. People get a thrill out of holding a 50 or 100 trillion dollar note. However, they are not a good investment unless you get some cheap and plan on selling them piecemeal. The guy who made the video is a total sucker or a lowlife scammer.

I've got a stack of the old Saddam Dinars that I do that with from time to time
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Silver_Stampede » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:18 pm

I have to beleive that this is a joke. He sounds so sincere in his vidoe but im sure he is messing around. He will probably make a nice profit off all those stacks of zimbabwe notes selling them on ebay. I have bought a few in the past and I love them, very cool collector peices! :)
"There comes a time in every man's life when he must hoard precious metals..."
Silver_Stampede

Postby Mercuryman » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Zimbabwe notes are worthless except as collectibles. They are pretty easy to sell on e-bay and a nice teaching tool about the dangers of hyperinflation. People get a thrill out of holding a 50 or 100 trillion dollar note. However, they are not a good investment unless you get some cheap and plan on selling them piecemeal. The guy who made the video is a total sucker or a lowlife scammer.

LOL! this was clearly a joke video! So serious!

These notes are basically US currency.... paper fiat. I think thats what hes trying to get too here. Watch his youtube videos, they are hilarious. http://www.youtube.com/user/houseofthem ... FA7FjjbG2Q
Mercuryman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jasmatk » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:50 pm

I have one of each 50 and 100 trillion note good conversation piece .But what is this guy even doing with that many notes?If you were going to buy and resell would you get that many?
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby morris14ccm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:51 pm

newton7 wrote:I did a search but did not see it here so I had to ask.

Is this guy real? ZImbabwe notes????? Sell my silver?

10 Reasons Why You Should Sell Your Silver And Invest In The Zimbabwe Currency
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ass6bKxj ... ure=fvwrel

Call me crazy but I do not think this guy has all his marbles?

He has a bunch of videos just like this. I doubt he's actually serious. I actually got a $500 million note from him a month or so ago. Just subscribe to his channel and send him a message.
morris14ccm
Penny Sorter Member

Postby melhen26 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:50 pm

????? Everybody's got to have an angle, I'm guessing his is selling zibabwe notes..
melhen26

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals