I have got the NYMEX blues

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I have got the NYMEX blues

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:04 pm

When oh when will I see that $25.00 Ask price.

Sure the Globex has been there....but I want the NYMEX to tell me it's true 8-)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: I have got the NYMEX blues

Postby PreservingThePast » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 am

Probably not for awhile. Just looked at the chart for Kitco under the November Half Dollar sorting thread and it literally looks like someone took a free fall jump from a plane and the parachute just kicked in to float up just a bit. Scary looking picture.
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Kurr » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 am

My fault I suppose. I bought 30 ounces yesterday, free fall today.

My bad!
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby TXBullion » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 am

Kurr wrote:My fault I suppose. I bought 30 ounces yesterday, free fall today.

My bad!

HCBTT in the BIN last night called it. We have to start a buying/sellling thread so we can predict prices. :lol:
TXBullion

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:27 am

It's amazing to me, that even while under the threat of pending litigation and an ongoing investigation, that JPMorgan will add even more fuel to the fire by blatantly continuing to short the precious metals markets. What utter disdain they have for us all. The action you are seeing today is not natural, is the result of more massive shorting triggering stop losses. The good thing is, it is temporary. Use it as a buying opportunity. Don't get scared out of your core bullion positions. Volatility is increasing, we may soon be in for some dollar up or down days.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Country » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:10 pm

A BUYING OPPORTUNITY INDEED!!! :mrgreen:

What a day for volatility.... At 0800 ET, SILVER reaches $25.07. It then drifts down to around $24.80 over the next couple hours and then BAMMM, the London Exchange crooks take SILVER DOWN before the exchange closes to $24.40. The NYMEX boys do further damage over the next hour; taking SILVER down to its low point of the day at $23.94. Strong BUYERS run it back the other way over the next 2 hours to $24.40 (Could these be the Asian BUYERS that have crushed the JPM shorts lately???). The half hour before the FED decision minutes are announced SILVER gaps up to $24.70. As the FED minutes are announced at 1415 ET, SILVER is shot down to $24.30 in 15 minutes. BUYERS resume for the rest of the day pushing SILVER UP to $24.85 currently, a 91c rise from the lows.

NOW THAT'S A BULL MARKET!!!! :mrgreen:

Did you take advantage and buy the dip at $24.00?? :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:32 pm

I was a buyer and a seller today....anybody else?
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 pm

james turk says its going up soon short term. he's the most accurate i've seen with short term calls. comments are at the king world news blog.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 pm

I sold some rare earths stock (Western Minerals) for a small profit and picked up twenty shares of SLW at $28.90. Took a nice profit and sold 300 shares of UCO (double oil ETF) and picked up another 113 shares at $28.89. SLW finished today at $29.61 and is up to $29.70 in after hours. Best bet in silver mining stocks if you have some spare cash and enough bullion already.
beauanderos

Postby fb101 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

"enough bullion"

undefined...
fb101

Postby Country » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Asian BUYERs push SILVER TO $25.20 tonight..... :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 pm

Good eye Country
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:40 pm

"Buy your silver ingots, children... there's millions of complacent Americans that will soon be starving." :?
beauanderos

Postby Roadrunner » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:47 pm

$26+

"To infinity and beyoooooooooooond!"
"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, says the LORD of hosts." ~Haggai 2:8
Roadrunner
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PreservingThePast » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Anyone besides me feeling the need for some Dramamine???

I was an adult during the last great run up but was totally oblivious as to what was happening. Watching the rise and fall and rise and fall and hopefully continued rise is something that adds some excitement to my otherwise boring days now. Thankfully, I am much more aware now than I was back then. :oops:
PreservingThePast
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm

If the SILVER SHORT SQUEEZE unfolds, you better take something stronger. ;) I was in my 30s in 1979-1980 and put much of my CASH into 90% SILVER coins at that time. It was quite a ride, and honestly, it's been quite a long time to see it happen again. Since this time it is truly a global currency debasement, it will be bigger than the COMEX changing the rules to force the Hunt Brother's into liquidation only futures contracts. It should be interesting as to how it unfolds this time. :)
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:59 pm

We've spent the last several years amidst a suspended growth larval phase of silver, induced by the shorts. Hopefully, that opportunity to purchase artificially inexpensive silver and gold did not escape your attention and you were able to sock quite a bit away. Maybe not as much as you would have preferred, but nonetheless, more than you would have been able to accumulate if the low prices presented courtesy of manipulation had never existed in the first place. So where are we now? Let's call it The Quickening. The silver larva is beginning to twitch, eager to escape it's JPMorgan and HSBC pupae. It's nearly ready to burst forth in full-fledged metamorphosis and emerge to soar to heights now unimaginable. As a butterfly, newly-emerged, is beautiful to behold as it spreads its wings and tentatively flaps them to soar gracefully from its perch, so to shall be the awe-inspiring, breathtaking liftoff we are about to witness in the precious metals realm. Image (and then, just about that time, someone will net it, put a chloroformed ear swab in it's face, then stab it through it's thorax with a needle-sharp pinion and leave it to helplessly dangle from a collecting board)
Last edited by beauanderos on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:When oh when will I see that $25.00 Ask price.

Chris... did you forget to take your estrogen pill that morning? ImageCan you believe that was just a week ago?
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:37 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:When oh when will I see that $25.00 Ask price.

Chris... did you forget to take your estrogen pill that morning? ImageCan you believe that was just a week ago?

I got excited and took the whole scrip right after the pop up to $27.60. At least silver will still be able to rise after today. :?

goes to show you how fast things can move when money is being dumped in.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals