The Silver Bear Cafe

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The Silver Bear Cafe

Postby WileE » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:59 am

I do not understand how sites like this one pays for it's expenses. I do know that the Silver Bear Cafe is asking for donations to keep that site going. If you care to contribute, there is a picture of WileE with a Help! Sign :lol:
There'll be time enough for counting when the sorting's done
WileE
Penny Pincher Member

Re: The Silver Bear Cafe

Postby inflationhawk » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:41 pm

ads....click on any one of the ads and the website owner makes money, albeit pennies most of the time. To setup a website is not that expensive. If you can code it and manage the content yourself and not pay anyone to do it for you, there is very little hard dollar outlay....just a lot of time. Most websites like this are a labor of love. MyInflationRate.com took a lot of hard work to set up once, but it didn't cost much. Now it's just a matter of updating the data with a pretty simple file upload process. I've been lazy recently and not updated it in a while. I make enough to pay expenses of hosting. I could do better probably with some marketing and search engine optimization. I've had some ideas thrown at me, but nothing that I am spending the time on yet.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: The Silver Bear Cafe

Postby WileE » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:51 pm

I am still trying to get a grandchild to help me with my avatar!
There'll be time enough for counting when the sorting's done
WileE
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals