The Short Squeeze Is Getting Closer

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The Short Squeeze Is Getting Closer

Postby Country » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:28 am

http://seekingalpha.com/article/234282-cot-update-the-short-squeeze-is-getting-closer

IMHO, we are seeing the first effects of a massive SHORT SQUEEZE of JPM and friends in SILVER, and to a smaller extent in GOLD. There are some who believe that this will be like the Cornelius Vanderbilt short squeeze of years gone by, when he purposely let sellers sell short railroad stock when he was the only one he owned the shares for which they could cover (buy back) their short positions. The result was that the SHORT SELLERS were bankrupted because Vanderbilt could charge whatever price for the shares they needed that he wanted - the price he charged bankrupted them all. Of course, in today's age of Federal bailouts, the FED would have no recourse but to bail out the "TOO BIG TO FAIL BANKS" once again. However, when the hedge funds smell blood, they are like sharks moving in for the kill. I would look for the hedgees to make a big impact in the relatively small SILVER market in the next few weeks. The level that SILVER and GOLD could reach is unknown under all these variables, but I would guess it would be MULTIPLES higher than it is now. Did you WONDER why SILVER made a dramatic rise on Friday while the dollar was very strong? Looks like SHORT COVERING to me. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Country on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: The Short Squeeze Is Getting Closer

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:51 am

Great article, County!

To me, the fundamentals say silver should be priced at around $50. But, I really am a contrarian. All these people jumping on the band wagon are starting to worry me just a little.

My biggest worry is I don't have enough silver and gold right now. :lol:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rosco » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:46 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
My biggest worry is I don't have enough silver and gold right now. :lol:

:roll: I know I need more but I'm still married an will enjoy 50 in Feb 2011. She did double my allowance its $10 bucks a week now :lol: :D
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby misteroman » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:45 am

congrats rosco!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals