How about bronze/brass/nickel?

Discussions about scrap yards, scrap yard prices, melting, refining, and obtaining metals from scrap or unconventional sources.

How about bronze/brass/nickel?

Postby 50centsaver » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:06 am

I am new to the forum. Have there been any threads about bronze or brass that anyone could refer me to?

How do you tell if it is real bronze or brass? Use a magnet?

I was in a huge antique store in So KS the other day and came across this Thai bronze/nickel flatware set- had many pieces- 8 spoons, 8 forks, a cake serving spatula, a med size soup ? spoon, and a large sharp knife. It was on this 1/2 price table in the back of the store.
I took a chance on it, not knowing if it was real bronze/nickel/worth anything, and was able to buy it for $20. I am wondering how much it may be worth.

On the inside of the box: Has a "VU" logo, and says Solid, Nickel- Bronze, The Only Lifetime Guaranteed Genuine Thai Bronzeware
50centsaver
Penny Sorter Member

Re: How about bronze/brass/nickel?

Postby BiggerHammer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Hope this helps! Please let me know if it did!
If you like to Scrap the Crap & Cash the Trash - Then Check out our Videos on Youtube!
BiggerHammer

Postby BiggerHammer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 am

I just got your private reply... But thought I should answer you on here because this is some great info.

I great place to FIND & Buy brass is teh non-ferrous (NON MAGNETIC STICKING METALS - Brass, Copper, Aluminum, etc... ) Scrap Yard.

Check out this video:

Please comment if this helped you.

Thanks

Elena
If you like to Scrap the Crap & Cash the Trash - Then Check out our Videos on Youtube!
BiggerHammer

Postby Thogey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:11 am

I have to admit I've been watching your videos and laughing my ass off.

I sat for 21 minutes and watched kenny tear that stove apart with a hammer and a bigger hammer. Just to think of all the time I've spent over the years using screwdrivers. I need a bigger hammer. But I'm not giving up my gloves.

Why don't you go over to our linked sales thread and post you e-bay screen name.

Great score on the trombone!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby jasmatk » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:36 pm

awesome videos!
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BiggerHammer » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Thogey wrote:I have to admit I've been watching your videos and laughing my ass off.

I sat for 21 minutes and watched kenny tear that stove apart with a hammer and a bigger hammer. Just to think of all the time I've spent over the years using screwdrivers. I need a bigger hammer. But I'm not giving up my gloves.

Why don't you go over to our linked sales thread and post you e-bay screen name.

LOL - You mean tearing it apart with a Big Hammer and a BIGGER BIGGER Hammer... LMAO..... Thanks!! I just looked at the Linked Sales Screen... There are no other posts in it... LOL and I think I need to comment on a few more posts. I do not blame you for not wanting to give up your gloves!!!
BiggerHammer

Postby Thogey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:25 pm

BiggerHammer wrote:
Thogey wrote:I have to admit I've been watching your videos and laughing my ass off.

LOL - You mean tearing it apart with a Big Hammer and a BIGGER BIGGER Hammer... LMAO..... Thanks!! I just looked at the Linked Sales Screen... There are no other posts in it... LOL and I think I need to comment on a few more posts. I do not blame you for not wanting to give up your gloves!!!

I gave you the wrong info this is the e-bay thread
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tantalar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm

This guy is outrageous. I have seen some of his videos and can not believe some of them. I love the one where he is talking about how you can casually just rip apart a TV with no risk to himself... breaking it open in his LIVING ROOM FLOOR NO LESS. Other videos I see him Hammering relentlessly at stuff to make maybe 50 CENTS. Other times I have seen him casually just handling lead again, in his living room. In the video he is at the scrapyard hes got maybe $40 worth of scrap it probably took 15 hours of his time and $10 gas getting too and from.
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby BiggerHammer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:48 pm

Thogey wrote:
BiggerHammer wrote:

I gave you the wrong info this is the e-bay thread
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52

Okay Great! Got it and I did update. Thank you!
BiggerHammer

Return to Scrap Metal Salvage