Imminent Silver Correction

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Imminent Silver Correction

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:59 am

We added long at 28.68
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:10 am

NHsorter wrote:What is it gonna take before the dow and pm's stop mirroring each others moves?

(They aren't mirroring proportionally, rather trending same direction. Unfortunately the commodities have a higher amplitude of reaction than USD or Dow. Oil is doing the same thing.)

Yes, JFF, it is a great market for paper PM trading.

And another good buying op for physcial, if you can find it near spot.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:13 am

Nice to see longs being added JFF.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 am

Long gold GC contracts @ 1569.20
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby schockergd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 am

What is your 1mo and 3mo outlook JFF?

I was hoping it would stay $31-$34 for a while, I don't like seeing my investments get close to unprofitability (I'm at around $25/oz on average).
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:24 am

68Camaro wrote:
NHsorter wrote:What is it gonna take before the dow and pm's stop mirroring each others moves?

(They aren't mirroring proportionally, rather trending same direction. Unfortunately the commodities have a higher amplitude of reaction than USD or Dow. Oil is doing the same thing.)

Yes, JFF, it is a great market for paper PM trading.

And another good buying op for physcial, if you can find it near spot.

I just fear some more bad news and the market pops down to 10900 or something.. what will that mean for silver, low 20's? ouch. There has to be a disconnect at some point, right?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:32 am

Paper and physical will disconnect at the time when most people insist on delivery. Or the existing futures markets will die and be replaced by new exchanges with different rules and closer scrutiny (a new US exchange is being suggested, along with the planned Chinese exchange opening in 2012).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 pm

In the meantime more paper means more physical. I won't be updating any more here but will get back to the questions asked a bit later.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 pm

In the meantime, I bought paper at 28.88. Wasn't as quick as Jon, but I did have meetings all morning. :)
68Camaro

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Liquidated on rallies and reloaded just now at 28.57. Won't liquidate this one so fast and won't be able to keep up here.
Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Changing from net seller to net buy today was a nice paradigm shift.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Bought some CEF at $19.60/share. :mrgreen:

Looks like the weak hands are being flushed out today.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Country wrote:Bought some CEF at $19.60/share. :mrgreen:

Looks like the weak hands are being flushed out today.

My thoughts were along the same lines as flushed. "Crap!!!"
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby silverflake » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 pm

Added some IAU. Now I just have to climb the new wall of worry that the PM ETFs have all the gold and silver they say and keep solvent. Adding when it's low is cool but man, I'd like to see an extended rally some day...

Keep stacking gang.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby fb101 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:We just bought some silver @ 28.89

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you're buying............
fb101

Postby JJM » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:18 pm

JFF can address this better than I can, but I believe this thread has more to do with the short to mid term machinations of the paper silver market - which may or may not be relevant to holders of the physical metal itself. To wit, I know he's stated that he isn't selling his core physical holdings, regardless of the price swings.

So if you are concerned with the value of your physical holdings, I wouldn't take his last post to mean we've reached a bottom yet either. I'm confident we'll have even better buying points, if not in the weeks ahead, certainly the months.
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:48 pm

This is all about paper folks. Though if some of this affects physical it can be good if it is actually available and you have the FRNs to buy.

I'm anticipating an intermediate bounce (a possible sell point) followed by (possibly, but not certainly) a further dip (another buy). We'll have to see how the market reacts, what the Euro does to the dollar, and what further bad news (or good news) comes along.
68Camaro

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Many great posts here. I promise to reply soon. One point about paper vs physical etc- In terms of price, the physical is the paper is the physical.
If you don't believe that, call a large, or primary dealer and ask what the price is to buy their physical and how they derived with the quote. Aside from $100 mm+ transactions quoted off the London noon fix, you'll get a quote based off of Comex with a basis. You won't have any of the large dealers tell you "Umm...silver is undervalued. I believe the real value for this fungible commodity ought to be like $130 oz so that's what we are offering". Sure you can imagine TSHTF and postulate what you believe the non-existent future pricing scheme would be but we are here in the NOW with real equity at risk. I'll stick with what the market uses since, after all, a market is an auction. You can believe in manipulation or not. The bids and offers are posted (I post mine just like anyone else)along with the trades crossing.

Cheers!
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Gold : selling pressure will increase again when EUR/USD is trading below the Critical Point at 1.2950. The supporting barrier at 1490.0 // 1515.8 is likely to be challenged.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:51 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Many great posts here. I promise to reply soon. One point about paper vs physical etc- In terms of price, the physical is the paper is the physical.
If you don't believe that, call a large, or primary dealer and ask what the price is to buy their physical and how they derived with the quote. Aside from $100 mm+ transactions quoted off the London noon fix, you'll get a quote based off of Comex with a basis. You won't have any of the large dealers tell you "Umm...silver is undervalued. I believe the real value for this fungible commodity ought to be like $130 oz so that's what we are offering". Sure you can imagine TSHTF and postulate what you believe the non-existent future pricing scheme would be but we are here in the NOW with real equity at risk. I'll stick with what the market uses since, after all, a market is an auction. You can believe in manipulation or not. The bids and offers are posted (I post mine just like anyone else)along with the trades crossing.

Cheers!

Great post
TXBullion

Postby TXBullion » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Gold : selling pressure will increase again when EUR/USD is trading below the Critical Point at 1.2950. The supporting barrier at 1490.0 // 1515.8 is likely to be challenged.

Cheers!

Which this comment came a few hours earlier :lol:

Oh well, another shot on another day, thanks for keeping us updated with your intel
TXBullion

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:54 am

TXBullion wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Gold : selling pressure will increase again when EUR/USD is trading below the Critical Point at 1.2950. The supporting barrier at 1490.0 // 1515.8 is likely to be challenged.

Cheers!

Which this comment came a few hours earlier :lol:

Oh well, another shot on another day, thanks for keeping us updated with your intel

The message was sent long ago friend. ;-)
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:54 am

Added some more silver here at 29.07
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:00 am

JJM wrote:JFF can address this better than I can, but I believe this thread has more to do with the short to mid term machinations of the paper silver market - which may or may not be relevant to holders of the physical metal itself. To wit, I know he's stated that he isn't selling his core physical holdings, regardless of the price swings.

So if you are concerned with the value of your physical holdings, I wouldn't take his last post to mean we've reached a bottom yet either. I'm confident we'll have even better buying points, if not in the weeks ahead, certainly the months.

Yes JJM friend. This is basically correct. Since my professional background is risk management, the natural focus is to do what I know- a physical hedge at primary risk points and converting the hedge effectiveness into additional physical holdings where risk on makes sense.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:01 am

fb101 wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:We just bought some silver @ 28.89

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you're buying............

You are too kind fb101. Best trades to you.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals