May we have a year moratorium on "my fault silver is down"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

May we have a year moratorium on "my fault silver is down"

Postby barrytrot » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:50 pm

May I request a one year moratorium on people feigning responsibility for silver falling because they just bought?

It's been done probably 1,000 times now and is no longer unique or witty. It's just repetitive.

Let's try one year without it. Maybe we can make up some other witty rejoinders? No recommendations, just that removing that triviality should free up some creativity to think of them!

Thanks.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: May we have a year moratorium on "my fault silver is dow

Postby Thogey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm

Can we blame price drops on other members?

I notice silver usually drops right after I sell.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby theo » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 pm

barrytrot wrote:May I request a one year moratorium on people feigning responsibility for silver falling because they just bought?

It's been done probably 1,000 times now and is no longer unique or witty. It's just repetitive.

Let's try one year without it. Maybe we can make up some other witty rejoinders? No recommendations, just that removing that triviality should free up some creativity to think of them!

Thanks.

I think we should have a moratorium on tearing into RC members who make amazingly dumb buying decisions on Ebay :)
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Chief » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:12 pm

I second posts 1 and 3. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:16 pm

theo wrote:
barrytrot wrote:May I request a one year moratorium on people feigning responsibility for silver falling because they just bought?

Thanks.

I think we should have a moratorium on tearing into RC members who make amazingly dumb buying decisions on Ebay :)

c'mon theo. I was just bustin your balls (trust me I ef up on e-bay all the time).

I love you guys! No matter what I write here, it's never intended to offend...........Execpt for Beauanderos.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby theo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:44 am

Thogey,

No worries. I meant that tougue and cheek. If I were offended by the earlier thread, I wouldn't have brought it up again. I didn't mind getting called out a little and other RCers recounts of past mistakes made me feel a little better about my gaff. I actually enjoyed that thread.

This is a fun forum and the good natured ribbing we give each other is a part of that.
Last edited by theo on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:05 am

Hey, I'm with Thogey. I have only sold silver twice in my life. Both times where at peaks and then the price dropped! That ain't my fault.

Now, I was going to sell 8.3 ozt of gold bullion to cover out-of-pocket expenses for two operations. I waited four days too long. I planned to sell at $1,800 per ozt. Now, I guess I will have to wait. Whose fault is that? I think it's God's fault.... After all, HE is IN CHARGE! ;)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:44 am

I will partake. We will have to copy this thread for reference every time it comes up :lol:

Maybe as a rider to this, we can get hcbtt to post some new pics instea of the same box picture ?
TXBullion

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:44 am

Thogey wrote:
theo wrote:

Thanks.

c'mon theo. I was just bustin your balls (trust me I ef up on e-bay all the time).

I love you guys! No matter what I write here, it's never intended to offend...........Execpt for Beauanderos.

Erki, wehn yuo leran ot pells, I mgith flee feofnedd :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:16 pm

TXBullion wrote:I will partake. We will have to copy this thread for reference every time it comes up :lol:

I believe in free speech and as such I reserve all my rights without prejudice. UCC 1-308.

I have never used that line before and most likely never will. The time may come, however, when I may feel it is appropriate for a unforeseen set of circumstances. Until then, I will try to be more creative.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
TXBullion wrote:I will partake. We will have to copy this thread for reference every time it comes up :lol:

I believe in free speech and as such I reserve all my rights without prejudice. UCC 1-308.

I have never used that line before and most likely never will. The time may come, however, when I may feel it is appropriate for a unforeseen set of circumstances. Until then, I will try to be more creative.

Free speech and being polite can coexist.
barrytrot

Postby avidbrandy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:23 pm

And off topic, theo has 999 posts. here we go!
avidbrandy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:30 pm

barrytrot wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

You may not realize it, but you guys are setting up a weak form of contract. At a later date, this thread can be pulled up and it be said: "Didn't we agree to thus and such?". Great! Have fun with that. Silence is consent and I do not consent. I am being polite about it. This is my last post on the subject. Not looking for a what-ever-you-want-to-call-it.

Congrats on the 999 posts, Theo!
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Wow, what is up with people here lately :roll:

Remind me to not post anything anymore between this thread and the southwest issue brought up in the other thread. :?
TXBullion

Postby theo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 am

barrytrot wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:

I guess this is my 1000th post. Thanks guys!

I don't think this thread was meant to be taken seriously and I certainly don't accept it as a contract regarding my future behavior. Having said that, a little 1st Amendment discussion is a healthy thing as free speech seems to be under attack these days.

Although, Barry is technically right that free speech and politeness CAN co-exist. The most critical types of free speech are often confrontive and impolite. One can often lose their message if they are too concerned about causing offense.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Later » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:46 am

lmao
Cu Later
Penny Pincher Member

Postby PennysaverCP » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:46 am

I retract my earlier post about silver dropping because I bought some!!! Hopefully the Silver Price God's will now retract the recent price drop. :mrgreen:
PennysaverCP
Penny Collector Member

Postby Par head » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 am

I hope the price keeps dropping for the next few months....Im in "accumulation
/buy mode" :D
Par head

Postby uthminsta » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Silver went down because I caused the Euro crisis. Sorry guys.
uthminsta

Postby barrytrot » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:18 pm

uthminsta wrote:Silver went down because I caused the Euro crisis. Sorry guys.

Now this, I like!

It shows CREATIVITY!

What I would like to call the end on is: Lack of creativity!

Creativity is wonderful!
barrytrot

Postby beauanderos » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 am

My plan is working, woohoo! Reverse market psychology... I sell, the market rises. Yowzah, baby, yowzah! :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby twentybux » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm just blaming it on Obama :twisted:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:19 pm

My fault - silver is up - I bought the dip! ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby hejira11 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Thogey wrote:Can we blame price drops on other members?

I notice silver usually drops right after I sell.

Now that I think about it, I think it's all Thogey fault. :D
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby slickeast » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:34 pm

It's my fault that we are out of milk. I drank it all.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals