dumps

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

dumps

Postby cacahg » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:52 pm

I know I've seen this topic before, but wanted to know what you guys are currently doing. My bank/credit union lets members dump up to $200 at a time for free and 5% over 200. I've never dumped more than $150 in a day so it has never been a problem. What are you guys doing to dump.
cacahg

Re: dumps

Postby DollarsNSense » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 am

im courious, what does "dump" mean? im a rookie here so im just starting to understand the lingo. is dump a term for taking back the coins to the bank to have them redposit into account?
DollarsNSense

Postby mishra142 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 am

My dump banks have coin machines in their lobbies. I normally take around $150 in per visit and have 3 branches pretty close by that I can use. No limit as to how much I can dump and no fee. Although I try not to make it to rediculous.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ed_vantage17 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:12 am

My local Chase branch handles the coin deposit from our city bus system (not very big but still a lot of coin), so they told me my $150 dumps a couple times a week are no big deal. The only restriction they put on me is I have to come in at least one hour before closing time.
Ferengi rule of acquisition #162: Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.

My realcent feedback.

“Most Americans are getting hammered by high gas prices, yesterday oil hit a record high and politicians cannot do anything about it”. -- Bill O'Reilly April 23, 2008
ed_vantage17
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Z00 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:31 am

ed_vantage17 wrote:My local Chase branch handles the coin deposit from our city bus system (not very big but still a lot of coin), so they told me my $150 dumps a couple times a week are no big deal. The only restriction they put on me is I have to come in at least one hour before closing time.

What do they do with the rejects from the bus coins? (foreign stuff etc.)
Will they give them to you? I will pay 3-4/lb plus shipping for small flat boxes or tyvek envelope.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby twentybux » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Gee. This isn't what I thought the thread would be about when I read the topic line. :mrgreen:
"If 'ifs and buts' were candies and nuts we'd all have a happy Christmas." -- Coach Jackson (my 8th grade track coach)

twentybux
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby knibloe » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:45 pm

twentybux wrote:Gee. This isn't what I thought the thread would be about when I read the topic line. :mrgreen:

This is not a medical forum. Try exlax.com for what you need.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:09 am

DollarsNSense wrote:im courious, what does "dump" mean? im a rookie here so im just starting to understand the lingo. is dump a term for taking back the coins to the bank to have them redposit into account?

Well crap, no one ever directly answered your question did they young man? :lol: :roll: :twisted: :lol:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jacer333 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 am

Rather impressive post digging there Pam...have a little extra time this evening? ;)
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby RichardPenny43 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 am

Numis Pam wrote:
DollarsNSense wrote:im courious, what does "dump" mean? im a rookie here so im just starting to understand the lingo. is dump a term for taking back the coins to the bank to have them redposit into account?

Well crap, no one ever directly answered your question did they young man? :lol: :roll: :twisted: :lol:
jacer333 wrote:Rather impressive post digging there Pam...have a little extra time this evening? ;)

Impressive indeed.
Pam... are you going to answer this young mans question? :lol:

I like seeing old threads dug up, opposed to new ones repeating. ;)
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Verbane » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:
Numis Pam wrote:

jacer333 wrote:Rather impressive post digging there Pam...have a little extra time this evening? ;)

Impressive indeed.
Pam... are you going to answer this young mans question? :lol:

I like seeing old threads dug up, opposed to new ones repeating. ;)

I love this place :lol:
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Well he hasn't been on site in nearly 5 months so my guess is he doesn't need to know... lol
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Sheba » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Back to the subject/question :lol:

Yes, on this forum, generally, 'dump' means where you go to get rid of coin you don't want to keep. :D

Being a handsorter, I never have much to 'dump' ... but we do have a bank that has a free machine for bank customers, and has a slight charge for those who aren't customers. Also a nearby Wal-Mart has some sort of dump machine, but I think everyone has to pay a little to use it. I've never used it.

Anyway, we (wife and I) dump coin at the bank where we have an account, so its free.
Sheba

Now let's see ... where is that blasted cat! I'm hungry. woof, whine, drool, sniff ... 'here kitty, kitty, kitty, nice kitty. Where are you little kitty?
Sheba
Penny Collector Member

Postby IronMan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Does anyone know which banks have services contracts with each delivery service? Chase uses Loomis. I want to dump into a different service from one that I pick up from.
IronMan

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:21 pm

From the evidence I've seen it isn't (necessarily) fixed for a given large bank. The contracts appear to be regional, at least for some I know of.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby iatetacos » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:14 pm

picked up $600 yesterday in pennies, dumped $414 today at a usbank. no complaints from them. lol. wasnt even surprised by the amount and it wasnt a bank i normally ever even go to. i think i found a new bank =)
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Doing the long run in the morning. About 75 miles.. 3 banks, stop at the gun range and eat lunch, 4 more banks... Takes about 3 hours but it is fun. I'll dump about 8k in all.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IronMan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:Doing the long run in the morning. About 75 miles.. 3 banks, stop at the gun range and eat lunch, 4 more banks... Takes about 3 hours but it is fun. I'll dump about 8k in all.

You training for the Olympics? What place is the COPPER medal? I'm sure your going to win. :lol:

I'm need more training if I'm going to compete. Just getting started. :mrgreen:
Last edited by IronMan on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
IronMan

Postby iatetacos » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:Doing the long run in the morning. About 75 miles.. 3 banks, stop at the gun range and eat lunch, 4 more banks... Takes about 3 hours but it is fun. I'll dump about 8k in all.

8k in pennies????
iatetacos
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:33 am

iatetacos wrote:

8k in pennies????

8k in pennies would be over 2 tons. I'm guessing he's dumping some dimes or halves along the way.

That reminds me though...I have a trip coming up and a huge pile of coins to get rid of. I might have to abuse an old CU account with a huge dump along the way. What's the record for amount dumped at one location at one time? :mrgreen:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing