Why Take Care of your Favorite Tellers?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Why Take Care of your Favorite Tellers?

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:40 am

I stopped in on my only supply bank that will sell me coin from their coin machine. They will even hold the bags when I'm working and can't make itto the bank. They will even hold them when the Brinks truck comes to pick up and deliver on their weekly stop. It's not that big of a deal. They average 1 bag at least every other week. Anymore than that is a plus! But they did come through with the big holiday donations from the Salvation Army's Red Kettle annual fundraiser. I ended up with 30+ bags in less than 9 weeks. I'm still working on them one bag at a time.

So, every once and awhile I'll stop in the morning and get 'em a dozen donuts or a box of donut holes from the local dunkin' donuts. Well now they are saving me all of the junk from their coin machine. In the past they had to throw away any foreign coins and anything else that the magnet caught or their machine spit out. In November they surprised me with one of those little envelopes the bank gives out for putting cash in....but it was half full of goodies from their coin machine. It had lots of Canadian coins, a couple of Euro coins in different denominations, and a wide assortment of foreign coins. There was a mess of U.S. coins thet were either bent or stuck together. And the best coin was an old Roman coin from 240 A.D. that had a bezel formed around it. Here's a link to the picture of the first batch given to me.....scroll down to my first post about half the page down.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8274&start=25

Well yesterday when I handed over the goodies they told me they had a bag for me....I'm like cool, great timing! But they also had a surprise for me. Another bank cash envelope....full to the top. I couldn't wait to see what's inside.

It had over $23 it Canadian coins. It had 2 "Loonies"(1-dollar coin) and 2 "Twoonies"(2-dollar coin). A bunch of quarters, 30+ dimes, 16 nickels with 10 being pre-1980 with the oldest being 1952! There was at least $2 in U.S. coins either bent up, stuck together, or for some other reason that their machine wouldn't accept it. It had a few different Euros, Mexican peso's, Bahamas and Panama cents, and a few other foreign coins. ALL FOR FREE!
TheJonasCollegeFund
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Why Take Care of your Favorite Tellers?

Postby knibloe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:24 am

How sweet that is!!! Like anything else in life, it all comes down to treating people right.

I have been meaning to take some jars of honey to the tellers at my source bank. You have motivated me to get it done today.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby mnymgr1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 pm

honey? is that code word for delicious sugary dessert of some sort :)

I've been making and delivering a dish called spanakopita for 3 weeks now. Even had a family friend write me a letter of thanks after she got hers.

I like the donut idea too, will have to try that in the next couple weeks. Currently taking a break from the pennies as my source bank mgr 'suggested' a two week penny vacation.
mnymgr1
Penny Sorter Member

Postby tinhorn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:20 pm

mnymgr1 wrote:Currently taking a break from the pennies as my source bank mgr 'suggested' a two week penny vacation.

Good idea, I think, to take those suggestions seriously. Had one dump bank and one pickup bank make similar suggestions to me right before the holidays.
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby uthminsta » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:32 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:It had over $23 it Canadian coins. It had 2 "Loonies"(1-dollar coin) and 2 "Twoonies"(2-dollar coin). A bunch of quarters, 30+ dimes, 16 nickels with 10 being pre-1980 with the oldest being 1952! [.........] ALL FOR FREE!

That settles it. You and HENRYSMEDFORD gave me an idea for a new tracking thread. Look for it later tonight and please post there!

EDIT: here's a link to it.
http://www.realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11041
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 pm

This motivated me to make a big batch of cookies tonight for my favorite tellers!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:34 am

NHsorter wrote:This motivated me to make a big batch of cookies tonight for my favorite tellers!

Freshly baked cookies also work for auto mechanics, construction guys, and anybody else you'd like to keep motivated.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:02 pm

2-mile water line extension project just started a little while back and by the end of the summer they will be hooking up to my house. You can bet that I have already delivered some coffee and donuts to the construction workers. Now they know I am friendly. Once they have equipment in my yard you can bet I'll have a good amount of beers on hand for the end of their shift. Got a few big stumps that I bet they'll be more than happy to yank out for me. :D This is the kind of crap that I could put on my resume in case I ever apply for a job in the Obummer administration.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 pm

This also made me think of my stepdad bringing the occasional bottle of liquor to the guy down at the town dump. Much cheaper than paying all those fees for tires and whatnot.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing