$150 silver by years end??

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$150 silver by years end??

Postby kidman232 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:19 pm

HOLLYWOOD, Fla., Jan. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At Smith McKenna, precious metals trading advisors, Steve Smith, CEO, has been accurately forecasting gold, silver, copper and other precious metals commodities trends for decades. "The latest movements in spot prices in copper and silver were totally predictable, considering the time of year and the projected demands. 2012 will be a huge wealth creating opportunity, if you're positioned correctly," exclaims Steve.

"All leading manufacturing Data calls for an end to the GLOBAL SLOWDOWN and a boom in CAPITAL INVESTMENTS thru-out the word," explains Stephen Smith. Further, "Global consumption will empty all above ground supplies of Silver within the next 36 to 48 months." The secret, when realized, will take prices to the stratosphere. Smith McKenna is calling for Silver to hit $50 oz. 1st Qtr. 2012, $75 mid 2012, and $150 by year end.

The precious metals sage warns, "Don't be fooled into buying gold or silver ETF's, Certificates, and Mining Stocks. You must own the physical asset. But, Don't buy anything until you have all the information! You Must First Have Accurate Investing Information and Know How to Use It to be a Successful Gold, Silver and Other Precious Metals Investor."

Steve Smith so much believes that knowledge is the key to profitable investing, that he is giving away a FREE Book, to the first 100 people that just ask for it. Go to www.smithmckenna.com/free-book/, and simply fill out the request form. He also makes available, free of charge, his weekly investing calendar to the public on the Smith McKenna website.

For more information on Steve Smith and Smith McKenna LLC, visit their website www.smithmckenna.com or follow Steve on Twitter @MetalInvestor
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Re: $150 silver by years end??

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:35 pm

That seems a little crazy, but I'm game.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Double3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Sure, why not?
Double3
Penny Collector Member

Postby dakota1955 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:01 pm

And I just read that silver may go down to $20 if the IMF sells gold.
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:43 pm

dakota1955 wrote:And I just read that silver may go down to $20 if the IMF sells gold.

Of course you did - the guy that wrote that trash is selling his service, which is more valuable if there is panic and confusion. The IMF could sell all their gold and it would get sucked up - whoosh - by the countries that have gold on their shopping lists. The Chinese, for one, could buy that up in a heartbeat and a flash at the right price. They are actively working to surpass the 8000 ton reserve of the US. Not to mention the Indians, Koreans, Japanese, etc. No long-term net change in gold price, I believe - and if the IMF was stupid enough to do that, if anything it would just signal desperation on part of IMF, gone would be the last concrete resource left that they own, and I think it would just further stimulate the price!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby dakota1955 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm not saying that I believe him. Just that everyone has an opinion and only time will tell who is going to be right.
dakota1955

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Maybe, and maybe gas to $12, loaf of bread $10.......

I've shyed away from buying more PM's recently specifically because of the outlandish predictions people (pm dealers) are making. They're starting to sound like tee-vee infomercials.

I think $50-60 by years end is more realistic.
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm

I agree. Although these predictions are enticing, they seem to come with with little or no supporting analysis. Having said that, I do think its likely that silver will challenge its old highs later this year as the election will put a lot of pressure on the government/Fed to provide more stimulus. If silver breaks $50 convincingly it could well run to its next major resistance point. $80? $85? Perhaps someone with more knowledge of silver charts could wiegh in.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:57 pm

theo wrote:I agree. Although these predictions are enticing, they seem to come with with little or no supporting analysis. Having said that, I do think its likely that silver will challenge its old highs later this year as the election will put a lot of pressure on the government/Fed to provide more stimulus. If silver breaks $50 convincingly it could well run to its next major resistance point. $80? $85? Perhaps someone with more knowledge of silver charts could wiegh in.

There is no resistance point above $50. It is uncharted territory, therefore silver would be in a price discovery status. It could go anywhere. My prediction, however, is that it will get beat down again as it approaches $50 or barely breaks it. It will be the following time that it breaks $50 that it will breakaway dramatically... and $50 silver will then be support.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby mongo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Just ask Eric Sprott. Hes been predicting crazy prices for silver for a long time now. So far nothing even close to what he said.Frankly I wish he was right but that would mean probably much higher prices for everything else. But hey theres always QE-3,4,5,6.

Sort On

Mongo
mongo
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 am

Two years ago $30 silver was considered a crazy price...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby DuckTales253 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Agreed. $150.00 seems very unlikely. Just the $50 mark is unprecedented save for two or three times in history, no? So any price above $50.00 would no doubt change the dynamics of the market, i.e. a lot of people who are now holding would be moved to sell out, and that could stabilize the supply to prevent the price from rising further. My hope is for silver to reach about $45 by April, but with the way things are going, I'd be happy for $35.
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fb101 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Seriously, I suspect a break above $50 would trigger a lot of demand.
On the other hand, this being an election year, the manipulation will be phenomenal until after the election at least,
so I don't expect this to be a good year for silver and gold except maybe to stock up more.
Also, Yes, if the IMF sells gold, China will be glad to deleverage their dollar investments in favor of gold
fb101

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals