Does anyone know what the Ryedale hoppers cost?

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Does anyone know what the Ryedale hoppers cost?

Postby NHsorter » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Wondering if anyone knows the ballpark price for one of the hoppers used on a Ryedale Apprentice. I am considering a layering system of sorts to add to my Ryedale. Those pics of Tinhorns setup have inspired me. What does one of these puppies go for?
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Does anyone know what the Ryedale hoppers cost?

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:31 pm

$10.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby natsb88 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 pm

natsb88

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:35 pm

NHsorter wrote:Wondering if anyone knows the ballpark price for one of the hoppers used on a Ryedale Apprentice. I am considering a layering system of sorts to add to my Ryedale. Those pics of Tinhorns setup have inspired me. What does one of these puppies go for?

From --http://www.pennysorter.com/products/optional-items
Extension Hopper $10

The Extension Hopper provides a larger capacity between filling the hopper cup with coins. Each Extension Hopper allows about 700 additional coins. I don’t recommend running more than two.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby henrysmedford » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:40 pm

You have to love this group 3 answers at the same time. At home I ask the wife what is for dinner. And I get cant you tell I am busy. :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I was nie specific enough. I meant the whole cube hopper unit. Motor, disc, cup, etc.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:49 pm

NHsorter wrote:Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I was nie specific enough. I meant the whole cube hopper unit. Motor, disc, cup, etc.

You'll have to contact Andy for that. He'll probably be cheaper than buying directly from the manufacturer since he buys them in bulk. From the manufacturer it's about $200 delivered.
natsb88

Postby tinhorn » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Check the Buy It Now forum--there were a couple used machines there yesterday.

If you buy a used machine, try to get a picture of the SnP to avoid paying nearly-new price for a high-mileage unit. The pics below compare my original Ryedale with 1-1/2 million clicks to one of the used machines I purchased for nearly the price of a new unit. We live, we learn.
Attachments
lotsa.jpg
lotsa.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 579 times
1and half million.JPG
1and half million.JPG (56.8 KiB) Viewed 579 times
www.silverandgoldaremoney.com
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Ryedale » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:42 pm

tinhorn wrote:Check the Buy It Now forum--there were a couple used machines there yesterday.

If you buy a used machine, try to get a picture of the SnP to avoid paying nearly-new price for a high-mileage unit. The pics below compare my original Ryedale with 1-1/2 million clicks to one of the used machines I purchased for nearly the price of a new unit. We live, we learn.

I have never seen a SnP so worn out, that machine must have been to hell and back sorting coins
I can replace the entire SnP assembly for about $20 if you are interested. They are quite tricky to remove and install because of the bad angles and stiff return spring. I have also begun to cannibalize new cube hoppers because of a few boards that have burnt out.
What is the condition of the rest of the area under the wheel on your high mileage unit?
I have whole motor base assemblies with new SnP if you are interested, but would need to re-use your board.

Thanks for the informative pictures.
BTW, A complete new cube hopper is 150
thanks
Andy
Ryedale
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby camtender » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:09 am

Andy,

Do you have any more dime wheels are know where to get them?
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby tinhorn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Ryedale wrote:I can replace the entire SnP assembly for about $20 if you are interested.

Surprisingly, the area under the wheel isn't too ground up but there is a slight groove around the outside perimeter, which, when combined with the groove in the coin cup, allows pennies to double up once in a while. Thanks for your offer--I'll send the base to you and order a replacement cup after I get the Tinhorn Penny Transporter repaired. It started making very bad noises in the transfer case/transmission/front differential yesterday, and I fear they were very expensive noises.
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Madwest » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:27 pm

NHsorter wrote:Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I was nie specific enough. I meant the whole cube hopper unit. Motor, disc, cup, etc.

It is a Suzo-Happ MK2 Cube Hopper http://na.suzohapp.com/hoppers/hoppers.htm. Full retail on it is $175.05 (Suzo part number = 10-1700-20).

Don't overlook the approach to shuttle the output of the Ryedale Apprentice into another comparator (such as the Ryedale Sniper).

My brutally ugly homebrew sorter uses one hopper and two comparators. http://youtu.be/o8AHRVz9UxE
Madwest
Penny Pincher Member

Postby tinhorn » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Madwest wrote:My brutally ugly homebrew sorter uses one hopper and two comparators. http://youtu.be/o8AHRVz9UxE

I love it! Hot Wheels track and everything!
Press On Regardless!
tinhorn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Very nice machine Madwest.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Madwest » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 pm

tinhorn wrote:I love it! Hot Wheels track and everything!

NHsorter wrote:Very nice machine Madwest.

Thanks. I call it the Franken-Sorter. :D

I will dress it up one of these days and nobody will recognize it.
Madwest
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing