PM were boring this morning, and now BAM!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

PM were boring this morning, and now BAM!

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

What set the bulls to runnin?
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Re: PM were boring this morning, and now BAM!

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:07 pm

This might have something to do with it.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/NA26Ak02.html
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby kidman232 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 pm

(Kitco News) -Comex gold and silver futures are posting rallies in the immediate aftermath of the release of the Federal Reserve's FOMC statement following the committee's meeting Wednesday. While the FOMC statement was mostly unchanged from the previous meeting's statement, the U.S. dollar index did sell off modestly and crude oil prices rallied following the report. The FOMC statement did hint to the market place that the Federal Reserve will continue its very accommodative monetary policy for quite some time to come--at least through 2014, said the Fed. Such was also evidenced by the rally in the U.S. Treasury markets and the weakening of the U.S. dollar index. In turn, gold and silver futures rallied as traders did some bargain-hunting following this week's modest selling pressure, and as the key "outside markets" turned more bullish for the precious metals after the FOMC statement--weakening dollar index and firming crude oil prices. The near-term technical postures in gold and silver markets remain in favor of the bullish camps, also. February gold last traded up $10.90 an ounce at $1,675.40. March silver last traded up 72 cents an ounce at $32.70.
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby mishra142 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Was gonna make a buy yesterday decided to wait... now im kicking myself.
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Institutional money is coming in from the sidelines, finally. Doubt me? What are the odds that so many silver miners would be up... all so closely assimilated?
First Majestic up 5.86%
Endeavour Silver Corp up 5.86%
Fortuna Silver Mines up 5.85%
Mag Silver Corp up 6.13%
Silver Wheaton up 5.83%
Silvercorp Metals up 5.87%

When the miners are smoothed out like this, it indicates a HEAVY influx of money coming in, dwarfing the amounts that individuals invest, which normally accounts for disparities in the percentage amount that equities advance.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby misteroman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:57 pm

Thats why I bought 62.5 oz on here last night! Something is going to happen with Iran. The only Question is how big!
misteroman

Postby tbram88 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm

I sold a bunch Mon. was gonna bust a move on some Fracs. Now its gonna rally before the loot even gets here, I think I might get left behind and be buying at $50

DOH!!
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:30 pm

More QE (on this side of the Atlantic) rumors rumours are flying...
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

Of course it's up!!! I sold 20 Indian head/buffalo proofs yesterday for $646.00!! AAAAAGGGGGHHH!!!!`
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby tbram88 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm

I feel your pain brother.

So its you and me doing the voodoo to get one more dip!

Ready....Go....Dip,Dip,Dip,Dip,Dip!
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:32 pm

tbram88 wrote:I sold a bunch Mon. was gonna bust a move on some Fracs. Now its gonna rally before the loot even gets here, I think I might get left behind and be buying at $50

DOH!!

If you want to save some time, I can sell you some at $50 today. ;)

I've got some that I paid too much for, and have been patiently waiting for a good run up to get my money back.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Wealth is measured in ounces, not dollars. When silver gets back to $50 (and it will) - why would anyone sell something which is going to $100 (then $200, $300, etc)?
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby tbram88 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Spot is only up $1 today so I'm not worried yet,I can still get my Fracs. they will just cost more.

As always I think my stack is too small, and I want to keep adding, before it goes where we all think it will.

When I sold on Mon. I cut my stack by 50 Oz. I don't like the Idea of sitting on a pile of FRN's waiting to get another dip. that may not come.

All the best...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:12 pm

68Camaro wrote:Wealth is measured in ounces, not dollars. When silver gets back to $50 (and it will) - why would anyone sell something which is going to $100 (then $200, $300, etc)?

Agreed, but there are also times when PMs are relatively over or undervalued. If you can take some off the table during the booms, you can stack more ounces during the dips.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:18 pm

who noticed the DOW the last few days.. up fifty cents here and there? someone NERVOUS?
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Beau » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 pm

well guys I did it.

I sold 140 OZ of the good stuff Eagles [60] 2011, [60] 2012, and [20] Prospectors all BU,

SOLD THIS MORNING @ 2:59 IN 3 MINUTES WHITCH TELLS ME SOMEONE KNEW

SOMETHING WAS GOING ON, OR MAYBE HE BOUGHT BECAUSE IT WAS THE GOOD STUFF.

I really don`t think he knew anything, he just got lucky.

if you are the buyer Don`t worry your coins are on the way, I stand behind any deal

I make, even with the pain I have.

I don`t run around changing prices like I have seen some do on here.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK SALE EVEN THOUGH I wish I had waited until today.

GOOD LUCK Beau

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Beau » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:07 am

the training at Fort Polk and England Airforce Base, and a base in Missouri have been going on for 3 weeks now.
the big jets and the small fighter jets have been shaking my bed for 3 weeks now they have stopped. training is over.
I think we will see headlines IN WAR WITH IRAN soon.
like within a week to 2 weeks.
now the jets are all going south and not comming back, just like when he decided to go to war against Iraq and Afganastan.

is it true that we can`t have a presidential election if there is a DECLARED WAR going on, I have heard this and would like to know if it is true.
if that is true you know what OBUMMER is up to.
never mind what is going on tomorrow, he will pull some strings and get out of the birth certificate deal. nothing will ever happen to him tomorrow.
I hope I`am wrong, but I don`t think so.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby JJM » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 am

I don't believe the run-up has anything to do with Iran, it's about Davos and more QE on both sides of the pond.

In late 2002 some grunts from the Florida N.G. had the dumb luck of doing an extended training period in Kuwait. They became the "tip of the spear" for the invasion of Iraq a few months later, as we shifted from Operation Enduring Freedom to Operation Iraqi Freedom. Currently, there are a bunch of grunts from the Minnesota N.G. in Kuwait, they helped wind things down in Iraq (what became known as Operation New Dawn the past year or two). They are in Kuwait preparing to come home. You can read this however you want, but like I said, they are preparing to come home. Personally, I don't think we're going into Iran, not for a while anyway. Maybe never. Israel probably will however.

I don't believe we've ever voted out a sitting president during a time of war, but there's always the first time for everything. I'm sure we will have an election, we always have in the past. (It might be rigged like any good Chicago election is however....) Although truth be told, anyone other than Ron Paul is just going to be a shill for the same interests that Obummer, Bush I, Bush II and Clinton were however...
JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby Oakair » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 am

Beau wrote:.
the training at Fort Polk and England Airforce Base, and a base in Missouri have been going on for 3 weeks now.
the big jets and the small fighter jets have been shaking my bed for 3 weeks now they have stopped. training is over.
I think we will see headlines IN WAR WITH IRAN soon.
like within a week to 2 weeks.
now the jets are all going south and not comming back, just like when he decided to go to war against Iraq and Afganastan.

is it true that we can`t have a presidential election if there is a DECLARED WAR going on, I have heard this and would like to know if it is true.
never mind what is going on tomorrow, he will pull some strings and get out of the birth certificate deal. nothing will ever happen to him tomorrow.
I hope I`am wrong, but I don`t think so.

interesting connection

id be impressed if this proved accurate
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:04 pm

That's an interesting take that I've never heard before. I think if that were the case, lots of presidents in the past would have played that card, but who knows--BHO was a Constitutional Law professor, and he says he knows more than the rest of us about everything else...Maybe there is something in there that can be loosely interpreted as you say, but surely his advisors must know that to exercise that kind of abuse of power might tip the scales in favor of insurrection. JMHO.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby kidman232 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:07 pm

obama is going to get re-elected, so i dont think he fears an election
never enough silver
kidman232
Penny Collector Member

Postby SilverStateGOP » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:07 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:is it true that we can`t have a presidential election if there is a DECLARED WAR going on, I have heard this and would like to know if it is true.

Incorrect. One took place in 1864 with the bloodbath of the War Between The States ( I don't use the term Civil War, as such things are not ) in full swing.

Beau wrote:That's an interesting take that I've never heard before. I think if that were the case, lots of presidents in the past would have played that card, but who knows--BHO was a Constitutional Law professor, and he says he knows more than the rest of us about everything else...Maybe there is something in there that can be loosely interpreted as you say, but surely his advisors must know that to exercise that kind of abuse of power might tip the scales in favor of insurrection. JMHO.

BHO's professorship was heeled over as far left as was ideologically possible without him outright coming out and stating his dream: a overturned Constitution, with him standing on its ashes with a flamethrower in hand.

As for insurrection... if we fall that far, that hard... he will be out of the country, Michelle and the kids left behind, and AF1 taking him to someplace that has no extradition and which will enthusiastically convert what valuables he brought with him to the local currency. He will happily be fiddling while the country burns.

SSGOP

GOPSilverState@centurylink.net
SilverStateGOP
Penny Pincher Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:03 pm

SilverStateGOP wrote:BHO's professorship was heeled over as far left as was ideologically possible without him outright coming out and stating his dream: a overturned Constitution, with him standing on its ashes with a flamethrower in hand.

And how!

SilverStateGOP wrote:...he will be out of the country, Michelle and the kids left behind, and AF1 taking him to someplace...

I can't stand the guy, but I don't think he'd leave the fambly behind. Then again, maybe she should stay behind so we have someone to remind us how unfit we all are to raise our own children!
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:31 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:

That's an interesting take that I've never heard before. I think if that were the case, lots of presidents in the past would have played that card, but who knows--BHO was a Constitutional Law professor, and he says he knows more than the rest of us about everything else...Maybe there is something in there that can be loosely interpreted as you say, but surely his advisors must know that to exercise that kind of abuse of power might tip the scales in favor of insurrection. JMHO.

If that were the case, our Republic would have died long ago. FDR was elected in 1944 during WWII. Lincoln very nearly lost the 1864 election to one of his former generals. True, that was a "Civil" War but if any President had an excuse to call off an election, it was Lincoln. I think its far more possible that an election may be "delayed" (read cancelled) in the event of civil unrest.

Silver and gold are showing some nice strength at the same time the dollar is losing ground against other currencies. Although the focus is still on Europe there are troubling stories about how China and other countries are continuing to sell treasuries not to mention the possible deal between India and Iran. Few are openly discussing them, but many more seem to be paying attention. It could be that the smart money has concluded that the Dollar's days are numbered as a reserve currency and are now edging toward the exits so as not to rock the boat.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:22 pm

If they try to "delay" any election I think it would make for more civil unrest.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals