Silver In Brinks Boxes?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver In Brinks Boxes?

Postby DebtFreeMe » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:31 am

Hi all,

Although I've been stacking CU for a bit, I just tried my hand at dimes last night, ($185 in CWR) and found a 1957. So, I'm thinking about scaling up. I already have an agreement with the tellers at one bank to sell me the dime bag from there change counter that doesn't reject silver.

Now I'm thinking of ordering boxes from the bank, but they use Brinks and the rolls come in the clear plastic wrapping, so my question is does Brinks pull the silver coins out or is this still a viable way to find silver myself?

Thanks in advance.
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Re: Silver In Brinks Boxes?

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:45 am

Unrelated to Brinks, but the fact your scoring bags from the counter is a huge accomplishment, be careful not to jeopardize that relationship by adding more requests which the bank may find a nuisance. Unless your very confident in your standing there, I'd consider using another branch for ordering boxes.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:16 am

Brinks does NOT pull silver.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Bluegill » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 am

inflationhawk wrote:Unrelated to Brinks, but the fact your scoring bags from the counter is a huge accomplishment, be careful not to jeopardize that relationship by adding more requests which the bank may find a nuisance. Unless your very confident in your standing there, I'd consider using another branch for ordering boxes.

+1

A person can get boxes of dimes anywhere...

As far as Brinks, I see this question come up all the time on various forums. No, they DO NOT pull Ag. Nor does CWI... One of those silly internet rumors that just won't go away...
Bluegill
Post Hoarder

Postby SilverEye » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Bring donuts and ask away!
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby DebtFreeMe » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks all,

I've actually got plenty of banks that I'm on good relations with and will get me anywhere from $200 to $500 in pennies within 2 days of me asking, and some times I get that several times a week. So, getting boxes of dimes shouldn't be a problem. I take cookies and doughnuts all the time, so they like to see me coming.

Thanks again...
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:56 pm

highroller4321 wrote:Brinks does NOT pull silver.

There was a time when I could find some good finds with the clear plastic dime rolls. Then things seemed to dry up. If I have to get skunked on dimes, I'd rather have it on the plastic ones as I do not have to hassle with the time to open them up anyway. Just return them to the bank or bust them open and toss in the coin counter. I was suspicious if workers at Brinks would spot the silver in the plastic rolls and set those aside but I gather they can not? It's not like working a cash drawer at a store where you can replace any silver coins with clad (as long as management is cool with it). I might hit up the bank for some Brinks dimes soon again.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DebtFreeMe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:53 am

I was kind of worried about the same thing as JerrySpriner, that Brinks employees might pull the good rolls themselves. But I'm going to give it a shot anyway.
DebtFreeMe
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals