Ryedale Ace

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ryedale Ace

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:49 pm

I just got a used Ryedal Ace sorter and was wondering if there was any adjustments on it. It sorts perfectly if it is sirring on a couch or bed but when it is on a hard surface like a table or floor everything comes out the copper side. I thought there might be an adjustment somewhere
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Ryedale Ace

Postby Madwest » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Sounds like it is tilt thing. Pay close attention to how the machine is tilting when it is working right (use a torpedo level if you have one). Then, prop up an edge or a corner when you have it on the table to reproduce the tilt that makes it work.
Madwest
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Country » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:56 pm

I prop up the right edge with two half dollars in the UR and LR corners.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:47 pm

use pennies as shims under the base i know i had mine shimmed up on the back side two pennies on one side and one penny on the other.
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby stonewallrabbitry » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks, I got it working better. Now I might get 4 or five zincs in my copper pile after running a whole box
stonewallrabbitry
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing