Does anyone know where this Silver coin is from?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Does anyone know where this Silver coin is from?

Postby mtldealer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:43 pm

mtldealer
Penny Collector Member

Re: Does anyone know where this Silver coin is from?

Postby Country » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Multiple photos at this link. To which SILVER is your question?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Cent1225 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:01 pm

No. But I would be interested in purchasing that 10 oz bar if it is for sale.
PM me.
Thanks,
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cent1225 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Found this at the following website:
http://www.coinsite.com/content/cdanswe ... chive9.asp

At the bottom of the page, this was posted:
Question: I would like to know the general value of 2 coins I have that say "AMERICAN PACIFIC MINT" 1982, one troy ounce, silver trade unit, .999 fine silver, and one that says "E. PLURIBUS UNUM" 1983, one troy ounce, silver trade unit, .999 fine silver? Is this a common medallion? Any information you could give me would be appreciated very much. Thank you for your time.

During the 1980's many small private companies went into business striking medals containing one ounce of silver. The purpose was to sell silver at a substantial markup with the guise of this item being a premium collectible. Virtually all of these items are traded today at a slight discount to the world silver price as none of these small outfits are recognized and there is always the suspicion that the silver content is less than indicated.

Hope that helps.
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals