Canadian .925 Opinion wanted:

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Canadian .925 Opinion wanted:

Postby Rastatodd » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:16 am

Thinking of picking up some .925 Canadian coins. Are they easy to move. I don't want to tie up some funds in something that I am going to straggle to sell. What are your thoughts? Looking for plus and minus when it comes to owning these coins.
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Canadian .925 Opinion wanted:

Postby wagsthadog » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi there!

Are they the Montreal 1970's coins? When it comes down to it no silver is really hard to sell, it's just getting the price that you want that is the challenge. Sterling is always loved by refiners, though, and they are government issue coins, so two big pluses. They always seem to sell on ebay, and Canadian coins are pretty well known by everyone. If you can get them under spot I say go. I'm confident you can get melt or like 95-98% of melt at any time. Start making connections!

JM- wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals