Thar she blows!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Thar she blows!

Postby Engineer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:03 am

I'm liking the overnight action in silver, and kicking myself for not buying some more over the weekend.
(I'll be surprised, however, if it doesn't get knocked back down at the London open)
Attachments
silver.gif
silver.gif (15.83 KiB) Viewed 722 times
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Thar she blows!

Postby Silver Addict » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 am

Engineer wrote:(I'll be surprised, however, if it doesn't get knocked back down at the London open)

Yup. Bingo
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:30 am

I have a hunch we'll see a pop around 06:00.
Attachments
silver.gif
silver.gif (16.37 KiB) Viewed 698 times
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby tractorman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 am

Another spike up at the NY open. Its trying to reach up for $34 again.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tractorman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Vroom, vroom, vroom!
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 am

It's going nutz..!!
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby justj2k78 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 pm

It's getting close to a year now since I bought my first bits of silver. If I've learned anything in that time, it is this: Silver does this. It jumps up, it jumps down. I'm in it long-term, so days like this make me feel good, but just like I can't go jumping overboard when it drops, I gotta keep perspective when it jumps. Just going to stick to my plan and enjoy the show! :D
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby everything » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:47 pm

I was driving to work yesterday and finally noticed the petrol pop. 3.33 right to 3.59. Wait, actually 3.69
Last edited by everything on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hejira11 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:44 pm

justj2k78 wrote:It's getting close to a year now since I bought my first bits of silver. If I've learned anything in that time, it is this: Silver does this. It jumps up, it jumps down. I'm in it long-term, so days like this make me feel good, but just like I can't go jumping overboard when it drops, I gotta keep perspective when it jumps. Just going to stick to my plan and enjoy the show! :D

+1
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Chief » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 pm

everything wrote:I was driving to work yesterday and finally noticed the petrol pop. 3.33 right to 3.59. Wait, actually 3.69

How soon will be see 4? Before mid-April, I say. Will 5 happen during summer? What about 6? I say we at least touch 5. After 5, where will it go?? Iran is brewing. More BS. This summer will be big in terms of Europe's debt/Greece, Syria + Iran + US + Israel + NATO, PM prices, "Obamacare" in the Supreme Court, BIG election looming.
Stay tuned my friends. It will be interesting.
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:45 am

Chief wrote:
everything wrote:I was driving to work yesterday and finally noticed the petrol pop. 3.33 right to 3.59. Wait, actually 3.69

How soon will be see 4? Before mid-April, I say. Will 5 happen during summer? What about 6? I say we at least touch 5. After 5, where will it go?? Iran is brewing. More BS. This summer will be big in terms of Europe's debt/Greece, Syria + Iran + US + Israel + NATO, PM prices, "Obamacare" in the Supreme Court, BIG election looming.

You guys in the middle of the country have nothing to whine about. You're close to the refineries. Out here in California (central) I've watched prices... in just ONE week... move from $3.63 to $4.29, and that's at the cheapie stations! :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:45 am

Chief wrote:

You guys in the middle of the country have nothing to whine about. You're close to the refineries. Out here in California (central) I've watched prices... in just ONE week... move from $3.63 to $4.29, and that's at the cheapie stations! :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Chief » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:45 am

beauanderos wrote:
Chief wrote:

You could say that again! ;)
I don't care too much about the rising gas prices, but it does affect a lot of people. The price of everything goes up, but such is life in these United States. Keep on truckin', America. 8-)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mishra142 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 am

I need to build something on my street bike to haul coins to save on gas. Wonder if I can carry 4 boxes of pennies in my backpack hmmm... :)
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals