New Reality TV Show!! "Bank Miner" on Discovery

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

New Reality TV Show!! "Bank Miner" on Discovery

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:19 am

There is a new reality TV Show coming out in June.. "Bank Miner" it's about a guy with several Rydale's and who orders Half dollars and dimes. It show's his day to day operation how he sorts the coins and deals with the dumps. He gloat's about the amount of silver the "Public" get's rid of and he collects at face value. He talks mostly about the copper penny's that "No body knows about". This should spell doom for us.. Wink Wink.. It may not be long until this actually happens though...
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Re: New Reality TV Show!! "Bank Miner" on Discovery

Postby Engineer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:26 am

It'll make Andy a killing. The rest of us...not so much.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 am

Um.. maybe Andy will sell us some stock options?? (before he goes public) lol
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby bankmining » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 am

Darn it, I was going to sue over the use of the name "Bank Miner".
bankmining
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 am

I'd hate to see it, but wouldn't be surprised.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby lance » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:19 pm

I googled it and couldnt find any info on the show?
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:24 pm

This is really bad news for guys like us... really bad!

Gotta get as many pennies as possible before that stupid show airs!
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby lance » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm

Agree....time to hit up the bank after work!
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:43 pm

dang.. It's already registered... "I would have...lol"
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Z00 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:23 pm

reddirtcoins wrote:dang.. It's already registered... "I would have...lol"

But bank-miner is avail in all TLD's :D
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Guys relax this is just a joke.. That is why I added "Wink Wink" to the end of the post. I don't think it would be too long before something like this happens though. :mrgreen:
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby camtender » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:01 pm

jtlee321 wrote:There is a new reality TV Show coming out in June.. "Bank Miner" it's about a guy with several Rydale's and who orders Half dollars and dimes. It show's his day to day operation how he sorts the coins and deals with the dumps. He gloat's about the amount of silver the "Public" get's rid of and he collects at face value. He talks mostly about the copper penny's that "No body knows about". This should spell doom for us.. Wink Wink.. It may not be long until this actually happens though...

Interesting you should bring this up. My kids go to school with the main character's kids (Todd) from "Gold Rush". I was thinking the other day that I should tell Todd/Jack that I could have mined more PM's locally from banks with my silver bank removal method than what they did - without the uses all that equipment, fuel and time in Alaska.

You are correct, time is limited.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:07 pm

jtlee321 wrote:Guys relax this is just a joke.. That is why I added "Wink Wink" to the end of the post. I don't think it would be too long before something like this happens though. :mrgreen:

Next time you post a joke add something like this... :lol: or :P That way everyone knows it's a joke.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I knew it was a joke... That's why I suggested stock...!!!
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Heartkill » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:00 am

It wouldn't surprise me to see something like this eventually. While I enjoy watching shows like American Pickers and Storage Wars, they have made a side hobby/second income for me more difficult in the last couple of years. I've been doing it long before the shows hit the air, and all of a sudden Suzy Homemaker and Joe Schmoe are running up bids and overpaying at auctions "just because the guys on TV are doing it". It's funny, because they usually get weeded out pretty fast. While the auctions I go to have a crew of regulars, it's pretty easy to spot the new people.
Heartkill
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper_Baron » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:37 am

jtlee321 wrote:There is a new reality TV Show coming out in June.. "Bank Miner" it's about a guy with several Rydale's and who orders Half dollars and dimes. It show's his day to day operation how he sorts the coins and deals with the dumps. He gloat's about the amount of silver the "Public" get's rid of and he collects at face value. He talks mostly about the copper penny's that "No body knows about". This should spell doom for us.. Wink Wink.. It may not be long until this actually happens though...

That would be a very boring show.............
Copper_Baron

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:20 am

Copper_Baron wrote:

Go to bank....ask for pennies.....get pennies....take home......throw into rydale.....sort thru rejects......cash in back rejects.

Add in occasional cut-off bank drama, fights with the wife, accidental spillage by kids, and the season finale has a home invasion!!
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby lance » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:42 am

cesariojpn wrote:
Copper_Baron wrote:

Go to bank....ask for pennies.....get pennies....take home......throw into rydale.....sort thru rejects......cash in back rejects.

Add in occasional cut-off bank drama, fights with the wife, accidental spillage by kids, and the season finale has a home invasion!!

Lol
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby uthminsta » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Good stuff CESARIOJPN. Oh, I could think of several episodes worth of plot devices! Here's a dozen.
- Ryedale gets knocked on floor. Watch daddy come home from work and freak out!
- Mailed out CTU box gets returned, all beat up and pennies missing.
- Post office complains about the weight of the boxes
- eBay shenanigans. Nuff said.
- Floor caves in from all the stored buckets and barrels of copper
- Wife takes coppers to bank after a fight
- 10-year-old takes coppers to convenience store to buy a candy bar
- Teenage daughter's boyfriend scoffs at "all these stupid pennies"
- Thanksgiving episode, the whole family comes over; some get it, others think you're crazy.
- One episode where the guy just sits on RealCent, wondering if he will ever sell his stash.
- Finding a true key coin, and going to local coin shops to see what he can get for it.
- "Meeting Andy" one-hour special, DVD only :lol:

Would you watch this show? :roll: Which one do you think would be the best episode? ;)
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby uthminsta » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:11 pm

And the next season, EBAY SHENANIGANS gets its own spinoff show!!!
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:32 pm

uthminsta wrote:Would you watch this show? :roll: Which one do you think would be the best episode? ;)

So far they all sound a little like Married with Children. Can we get Al Bundy as the star of the show? :D
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:28 pm

uthminsta wrote:- Teenage daughter's boyfriend scoffs at "all these stupid pennies"

- Boyfriend has some of his friends commit a robbery of pennies, caught on CCTV. Bonus points if the daughter is an accessory to the crime.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Oakair » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:53 pm

cesariojpn wrote:
uthminsta wrote:- Teenage daughter's boyfriend scoffs at "all these stupid pennies"

- Boyfriend has some of his friends commit a robbery of pennies, caught on CCTV. Bonus points if the daughter is an accessory to the crime.

:lol:
Oakair
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Oakair wrote:
cesariojpn wrote:

:lol:

I almost forgot:

uthminsta wrote:- Finding a true key coin, and going to local coin shops to see what he can get for it.

-Finds Silver/Gold coin in penny roll.

Next week:

NEWSPAPER HEADLINE: BANKS INUNDATED WITH COIN HUNTERS, CRIPPLING NATIONAL COIN SUPPLY
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:08 am

Copper_Baron wrote:

+1
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals