Doomsday Preppers

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Doomsday Preppers

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:19 am

Just saw all the episodes online, and I have to wonder why these people bothered to agree to be on the show. There was a few of these guys that revealed that they have a sizable quantity of bullion and other metals stored away for "trade purposes." ON NATIONAL TV.

*shakes head*
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Doomsday Preppers

Postby PADFH » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:47 am

I watch the show but hate the way it's done. I'm a prepper myself and it really makes us look like crazy people.

Talk about bad OPSEC. I have no idea why these people are annoucing it on TV. They want to be stars I guess...
PADFH
Penny Pincher Member

Postby OX6603 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 am

The show is heavily edited, I've read posts from people on the show stating such. One girl said the producers offered her $1000 to shoot her cat on camera (she had said she would shoot it rather than have it starve)
OX6603

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:29 am

All of these reality spin off shows are ridiculous. Appearing on national tv and telling the whole world your have these items is even more foolish.

There is a local music store in my area where I used to work when I was a kid. The owner is an old, crazy, loud mouthed Italian guy. Several of my friends work there. They want to turn this music store into a reality show. The producer sat down with each one of them and told them that many of the situations/confrontations that take place will be staged. So much for "reality" huh?
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby tractorman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 am

When the couple from Florida, the one's who uprooted their poor children to move to the mountains, were packed and pulling out, I'm sure it was just coincidence that the large-chested neighbor wearing the short skirt just happened to stop by to see them off. ;)
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 pm

They want to be stars, yes, but it's probably only as a way to earn more money and prep more. Plus they probably feel like they're doing everyone else a favor by encouraging them to prep as well.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:16 am

They already went back in after the grossly obese ex-truck driver in (Tennessee?) did his episode, and declared him mentally unfit and suicidal... and confiscated all his guns.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby fasteddy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:10 pm

yep...be careful what you tell your doctor.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:35 pm

fasteddy wrote:yep...be careful what you tell your doctor.

"I have STD's."
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals