Even A small score is welcome

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Even A small score is welcome

Postby dan53 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:35 pm

When you have went for a month with an average of less than one forty per box, its nice to get even a small score. I picked up three boxes this morning and the first thing I always do is rip the top off each box. If I see any silver, that can act as a barometer for the rest of the box. Two of the three boxes had one forty showing. Of the 150 rolls, I have sorted 64 and have found one 90 and five forties. Its just nice to be able to find SOMETHING for a change.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Even A small score is welcome

Postby Chief » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm

I second this thought.
I've gone 10 boxes of halves without anything, then a few 40s in the next few boxes make you feel better. Dimes are far more consistent than halves. I've got 4 halves and 2 boxes of dimes to rip open. I know I will find something. Good luck out there. :)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dan53 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm

3 boxes of halves yielded 9 forties and 3 nineties. Thats the best I've done in over a month.
dan53
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Chief » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 pm

I only got 1-Ben, 5-40%, and 1-90% dime in my 4 boxes of halves and 2 boxes of dimes. :) A toz is nice for one day.
Good luck out there!! 8-)
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Saabman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 am

Nice score!!!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals