The Rodebaugh Fat Boy Release

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: The Rodebaugh Fat Boy Release

Postby jasmatk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:16 am

I thought i had one now its not showing up in order history.
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:18 am

Hawkeye wrote:I thought I had #39; it looked like I had it at the 'choose payment method' page, but it doesn't look like I got it. Darn - so close.

Thats what I did too.. crap
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby lewbo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:20 am

So how fast was the sell out? it had to be under 2 minutes.
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tractorman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:22 am

Diggin4copper wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I thought I had #39; it looked like I had it at the 'choose payment method' page, but it doesn't look like I got it. Darn - so close.

It looks like I got 39. :oops: My favorite number. :)
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coinwolf » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

Think I got #16!
coinwolf
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am

tractorman wrote:
Diggin4copper wrote:

It looks like I got 39. :oops: My favorite number. :)

Good job. I was actually going after 29 (anniversary), but didn't get it. 39 was my desperation stab in the dark. Oh well... enjoy it! :)
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby halfhunter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:30 am

Had 1 in the cart then got greedy and tried for another and POOF ! ! !

:lol:

HH
halfhunter
Penny Sorter Member

Postby tractorman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:58 am

Hawkeye wrote:
tractorman wrote:It looks like I got 39. :oops: My favorite number. :)

Good job. I was actually going after 29 (anniversary), but didn't get it. 39 was my desperation stab in the dark. Oh well... enjoy it! :)

Rumor has it some duplicate orders made it through. We shall see.
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:02 am

tractorman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
tractorman wrote:It looks like I got 39. :oops: My favorite number. :)

Rumor has it some duplicate orders made it through. We shall see.

That's no rumor, Nate says at least 4 bars... one of them is the one I ordered :o ... I'll just wait it out, hoping for the best! :mrgreen:
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tractorman » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:05 am

I have not been informed that mine is in question. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Best of luck to ya J!
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Spikeanator6982 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:05 am

Hope I got the one it shows I did...:)
Spikeanator6982
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 am

Was at the RC GTG........4-5 folks on Cells trying to get one.............no one got any. :oops:

Sorry to the folks that didn't get one.....and coingrats to those that did.

Doc :)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Engineer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:44 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Was at the RC GTG........4-5 folks on Cells trying to get one.............no one got any. :oops:

Cell phones can't compete with a 20MB/s cable connection...and I'm surprised the hoard of vultures didn't crash Nate's server. :lol:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby uthminsta » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:10 am

Looks like Nate has quite a headache to deal with.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby natsb88 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:03 am

Yikes.

That was insane.

I apologize to everybody who had problems ordering. I expected a rush, but I didn't expect anything THAT crazy.

If you paid with PayPal or a Credit Card, and you have not received an email from me regarding an order problem by now, your order should be in the clear. Your order status on the website should be "Processing."

If you selected "check / money order" as your payment method, your order status on the website is "Pending," and you have not received an email from me regarding an order problem, your order should be in the clear. You will receive an automatic "Payment Received" email when I receive and apply your payment.

If your order status is "canceled," regardless of payment type, then it's canceled. I only manually canceled a few orders, and those were mainly orders that came through with quantities of zero and only a shipping charge.

There were a surprising number of "automatic" cancellations, and I'm guessing this was the main cause... When you click the "Place Order Now" button, your order is built and the items are reserved. HOWEVER, if you do not select a payment method on the next page and continue the checkout, but instead navigate away (back to the store, "continue shopping," your account, etc.) the order is automatically canceled. The items are returned to your shopping cart, but they are also available to the public again. I should have been more clear about that, and I do apologize for the confusion. I didn't really anticipate people straying from the checkout process at that stage, but it's understandable given the rush.

There were also a couple reports of orders completely disappearing, and that's really odd. I don't have an explanation for that yet.

Overall I was very pleased with the way the website held up in terms of speed and downtime. I only had a chance to check the stats one time after the bars were released, but at that point there were 98 people on the site simultaneously. It is clear, however, that the order process itself leaves something to be desired. When I first started considering this release, I didn't plan on serial number selection. I just figured I would issue them sequentially as orders were received. But I had so many requests to reserve specific numbers that I decided to look for a way to allow serial number selection. I adapted an add-on "product option" feature for the shopping cart software to do this, and after this experience I am going to contact the programmer to see if we can tweak a few things.
natsb88

Postby jasmatk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:10 am

I guess mine is one of the dissapearing orders becouse i had #46 with a order # and a time stamp of 12:01am,so whoever gets #46 enjoy.Even if I didnt get one it was fun,
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:09 am

Doc, It looks like you have a second career as a silver bar maker, that is, if you want it! ;) Hats off to Nate for taking on the challenge of selling these puppies. Congrats to all who won a Fat Boy!
Copper Catcher

Postby AlexTG » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:35 am

I imagine a bunch of virtual avatars running past each others shopping carts grabing bars out of each others baskets and trying to make a B-line for the checkout. Guys with the faster internet speed and click fingers had faster carts.
AlexTG
Penny Pincher Member

Postby justj2k78 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:14 am

For anyone interested - I know several people hoped to add a particular number to your stash - over on BS I'm creating a database of who has which bars, which could help facilitate numbers swaps or trade offers. If you want to get your name on that list, let me know what number(s) you have, and I will add them to the list.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby lewbo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:53 am

Any willing yo admit if they got more than one? I did get one, and I feel very very lucky. Mailed by payment this morning.
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 am

lewbo wrote:Any willing yo admit if they got more than one? I did get one, and I feel very very lucky. Mailed by payment this morning.

According to the Serial# Database that I'm putting together at BS, Silver Addict got 2, and I believe I saw another guy post either here or there that he got two, and one was going KSA.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Silver Addict » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:21 pm

AlexTG wrote:I imagine a bunch of virtual avatars running past each others shopping carts grabing bars out of each others baskets and trying to make a B-line for the checkout.

:lol: That's a pretty funny image.
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Woops missed that. I would have liked to get a couple of these fat boy Rodies but Oh well. Congrats to the purchasers, I bet even at 57 bucks you are going to have opportunity to profit handsomely from them if you wish.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Spikeanator6982 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:43 pm

So the series #1 sold out on the CC for $150 a piece? any reason the series #2 won't bring that too?
Spikeanator6982
Penny Collector Member

Postby H2SO4 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:52 pm

Spikeanator6982 wrote:So the series #1 sold out on the CC for $150 a piece? any reason the series #2 won't bring that too?

yes, there was only 2 available. I wonder what they would go for here or on BS? :D
H2SO4
Penny Pincher Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals