just got a once in a lifetime score!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

just got a once in a lifetime score!

Postby lance » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm

So me and the boys were running to banks for pennies and after hitting up the 3rd bank with no pennies i told my fiances oldest son to just grab 5 rolls of halfs if this next bank doesnt have pennies also....so he ends up coming out with no pennies but 5 rolls...they werent fed wrapped so i was curious and unwrapped in the car...first roll i unwrapped i could see 4 silvers right off the bar...im already super stoked...so i check them out...3 64s and 1 40....nice! Never found 64s in rolls before....so long story short...i unwrap them all and score silver in each roll...i get to the last roll....almost all silver! 16 total! So i go back and buy a few more...score some more silver! 43 40% coins...and 9 64s!...thank you jesus! I guess some guy brought them in and cashed them in...300 total....tommarow i will be going back with a nice wad of cash ;)
lance
Penny Collector Member

Re: just got a once in a lifetime score!

Postby tractorman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Nice! Buy 'em all!!
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Awesome score, man. Let us know if you score big tomorrow too. I have visions of doing that every time I ask the tellers if they've gotten any halves lately.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coinwolf » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Make sure you are there as soon as the doors open, the tellers might go home and figure out what you are up to! ;)
coinwolf
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby lance » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Right! Well my fiances son already went in one of the times and was all excited and said "we found a whole roll with all silver!" Lmfao....i explained to him in the calmest voice possible why you dont say that. Lol...so well see! But yah ill be working but im sending my fiance in there at the crack of dawn...i will def keep everyone updated...wish me luck
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby dakota1955 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm

then good luck to you
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Very nice...!!!
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 pm

lance wrote:So me and the boys were running to banks for pennies and after hitting up the 3rd bank with no pennies i told my fiances oldest son to just grab 5 rolls of halfs if this next bank doesnt have pennies also....so he ends up coming out with no pennies but 5 rolls...they werent fed wrapped so i was curious and unwrapped in the car...first roll i unwrapped i could see 4 silvers right off the bar...im already super stoked...so i check them out...3 64s and 1 40....nice! Never found 64s in rolls before....so long story short...i unwrap them all and score silver in each roll...i get to the last roll....almost all silver! 16 total! So i go back and buy a few more...score some more silver! 43 40% coins...and 9 64s!...thank you jesus! I guess some guy brought them in and cashed them in...300 total....tommarow i will be going back with a nice wad of cash ;)

Quite remarkable... almost unbelievable.

What state do you live in? Small or large town? Rural area? Major bank or small bank?
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Sweet score. Take all the cash you can. You never want to leave anything behind.

I did some half hunting at banks in the past. Found 2 rolls of 40% one day. One solid roll at the first bank and 19 at my last bank and 1 more along the way. Went to 12-15 banks that day.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby lance » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

I live within a hour from chicago....smaller town...and its a small bank...it felt like a dream when going through them...im gonna be anxious all night and tommarow until i hear from my fiance that she got them all! Grrr...thank god for xanax
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby fb101 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 pm

nice going; like slick says don;t leave anything behind.
fb101

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm

lance wrote:I live within a hour from chicago....smaller town...and its a small bank...it felt like a dream when going through them...im gonna be anxious all night and tommarow until i hear from my fiance that she got them all! Grrr...thank god for xanax

Which direction do you live from Chi-Town....north, south, east :evil: , or west? :D
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby ScottyTX » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Very nice score there man!! But I wouldn't put limits on your score of a lifetime, you can do better just keep looking :)

Scotty
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby John_doe » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:22 pm

lance wrote:So me and the boys were running to banks for pennies and after hitting up the 3rd bank with no pennies i told my fiances oldest son to just grab 5 rolls of halfs if this next bank doesnt have pennies also....so he ends up coming out with no pennies but 5 rolls...they werent fed wrapped so i was curious and unwrapped in the car...first roll i unwrapped i could see 4 silvers right off the bar...im already super stoked...so i check them out...3 64s and 1 40....nice! Never found 64s in rolls before....so long story short...i unwrap them all and score silver in each roll...i get to the last roll....almost all silver! 16 total! So i go back and buy a few more...score some more silver! 43 40% coins...and 9 64s!...thank you jesus! I guess some guy brought them in and cashed them in...300 total....tommarow i will be going back with a nice wad of cash ;)

LUCKY!
Ancora Imparo

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

-Albert Einstein
John_doe
Post Hoarder

Postby lance » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:34 am

Update! Im at work but my fiance just went and picked up rest of the rolls...i guess there wasnt 3k in rolls...maybe the teller told her son they had thousands in terms of halfs...who knows...but there was 55 rolls left and we have them all...once im off ill see what we have and keep u guys updated
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:45 am

Lance.....indiana or illinois.....where you at?
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby lance » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:23 am

Il
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby TheJonasCollegeFund » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 am

Welcome from across the border!
TheJonasCollegeFund

Postby NHsorter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:33 am

What are you doing? Call in sick and go check those rolls!! :lol:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby lance » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:23 pm

TheJonasCollegeFund wrote:Welcome from across the border!

Thanks! ...i went home on break...i dont know the exact numbers but approx 9 64s...and over 100 40s
lance
Penny Collector Member

Postby lance » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:49 pm

So after getting a semi huge score its going to be very hard for me to pay spot price for coins like i had normally been acustom to....i think from now on its gonna be all roll hunting for me...
lance
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals