over 36 a ounce!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: over 36 a ounce!

Postby Engineer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:03 pm

Cu Later wrote:y r "they" expected today or tomorrow? details please.

Bernacke is supposed to talk tomorrow.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby halfhunter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Engineer wrote:
Cu Later wrote:y r "they" expected today or tomorrow? details please.

Bernacke is supposed to talk tomorrow.

QE-III . . . Maybe ? ! ? !

HH
halfhunter
Penny Sorter Member

Postby saltydecks » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:11 am

I see over 40 and maybe over 50 soon... but watch for one more dip under 35 first
saltydecks
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 am

lance wrote:How does the government manipulate the actual price of silver? In terms of going in and regulating the price? Im new to this and just dont see how its legal or why they do thay?

I think the better question is how don't they regulate it. They have influence over the exchanges where they can apply pressure to raise or lower margins. The fed could directly try to short the market or make overnight loans to bankers who are willing to do it for them. Another way is jawboning. If Bernacke makes a small change in wording tomorrow silver could easily take a 2 dollar dive. If he makes a major change in wording, a $10 move could be in the works...and then there's all the stuff we don't know about. :?
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:42 am

Engineer wrote:
lance wrote:How does the government manipulate the actual price of silver? In terms of going in and regulating the price? Im new to this and just dont see how its legal or why they do thay?

I think the better question is how don't they regulate it. They have influence over the exchanges where they can apply pressure to raise or lower margins. The fed could directly try to short the market or make overnight loans to bankers who are willing to do it for them. Another way is jawboning. If Bernacke makes a small change in wording tomorrow silver could easily take a 2 dollar dive. If he makes a major change in wording, a $10 move could be in the works...and then there's all the stuff we don't know about. :?

The Eddie Murphy Rule?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:13 am

Engineer wrote:

You nailed it!!!
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 0000PaleHorse0000 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 am

I wish I had that man's powers!
"I looked, and there was a pale horse! Its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him."
0000PaleHorse0000

Postby uthminsta » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm

(shakes head in disgust)
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals