Silver down over $2.00! Wow!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver down over $2.00! Wow!

Postby theo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 am

I expected a pull back. But this is unbelievable.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver down over $2.00! Wow!

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 am

:lol:

So who bought?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby ScottyTX » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:43 am

Wow, looks like it dipped almost 3.50 in a matter of 20-30 min. I knew there would be profit taking but what the hell happened....... somebody just slammed the door on it!
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Cent1225 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:44 am

Silver is like a bull ride; Just when you think you are on top, it will put you in the well and you won't even know how you got there!
Cent1225
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 am

Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby blackrabbit » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 am

Rollercoaster! Wooooooooooo! Any enlightened folk care to tell me what happened?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Neckro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 am

Good thing Im too broke to buy anything haha
Neckro
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 am

I'm buying Paper....AGQ. Not much but in at 63.75.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Tantalar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Everyone bought it because they knew that The Bernanke was going to be speaking the next day. They did this because generally whenever he speaks, the price shoots up a lot. All of these speculators just screwed themselves a little lol.
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Second lot of AGQ purchased @ 64.69. Thats it for my paper buying today.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:14 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Second lot of AGQ purchased @ 64.69. Thats it for my paper buying today.

I threw about 200k or so at USLV today. For everyone who is wondering what the hell happened, I told you yesterday da boyz were gonna crush the markets to keep people from demanding physical silver from COMEX.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ScottyTX » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:18 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Second lot of AGQ purchased @ 64.69. Thats it for my paper buying today.

I threw about 200k or so at USLV today. For everyone who is wondering what the hell happened, I told you yesterday da boyz were gonna crush the markets to keep people from demanding physical silver from COMEX.

Where did you manage to get in at?
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 pm

ScottyTX wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

Where did you manage to get in at?

Make that 321K. I got in a bit too early with some small tranches with purchases at around $61.50. Then a larger position at around $57.00. A fairly large buy at $49 and $50, and another large buy at $53.00 After the dust clears today and the rampant short selling stops, I fully expect buying to resume in the next few days (from those who really understand the strategy of manipulation and aren't scared off by the tactics they use). I'll be surprised if today's trades don't show a fifteen percent profit by the end of next week. USLV is currently at $53.86 as I type, with silver at $35.31 and AGQ at $65.80
beauanderos

Postby ZenOps » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:32 pm

"The Bernanke" spoke.

No mention, not even a whiff of more QE. It might be a rough slide for silver and gold until he opens his mouth again.
Beaver collector
ZenOps
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 pm

Folks, please, tell me you're not surprised... If so, wake up! TPTB have been doing this on a weekly basis, if not more often, for over a year. Often less spectacularly, but this is SOP for market control.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby theo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:27 pm

68Camaro wrote:Folks, please, tell me you're not surprised... If so, wake up! TPTB have been doing this on a weekly basis, if not more often, for over a year. Often less spectacularly, but this is SOP for market control.

I'm not surprised that they are doing it, however the sudden and violent quality of the take down put me on my heals for a second. Also, I think I had it in my head that silver would be allowed to run to 40/41 before something like this happened.

Rodebaugh wrote:I'm buying Paper....AGQ. Not much but in at 63.75.

I waited a bit too long, but I bought a little anyway at 64.93.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:42 pm

theo wrote:
68Camaro wrote:Folks, please, tell me you're not surprised... If so, wake up! TPTB have been doing this on a weekly basis, if not more often, for over a year. Often less spectacularly, but this is SOP for market control.

I'm not surprised that they are doing it, however the sudden and violent quality of the take down put me on my heals for a second. Also, I think I had it in my head that silver would be allowed to run to 40/41 before something like this happened.

Rodebaugh wrote:I'm buying Paper....AGQ. Not much but in at 63.75.

I waited a bit too long, but I bought a little anyway at 64.93.

If you guys have the cojones to buy double-leveraged AGQ... what's keeping you from stepping up to some triple-leveraged USLV?
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:57 pm

My Cojones

Ray's Cojones

Follow?
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:My Cojones

Ray's Cojones

Follow?

MINE
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

They push, get it to move, check the result. Push, get it to move, check the result. Their ideal is to hit the point on the second or third push where the decline triggers computerized auto-trading to continue the downward slide without them.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby henrysmedford » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Tantalar wrote:Everyone bought it because they knew that The Bernanke was going to be speaking the next day. They did this because generally whenever he speaks, the price shoots up a lot. All of these speculators just screwed themselves a little lol.

From Kitco--
In prepared remarks to the U.S. Congress Wednesday morning Bernanke said the U.S. economy is showing signs of improvement. The Fed chief made no mention of another round of quantitative easing in the works by the U.S. central bank. This led some to reckon that with an improving U.S. economy the Fed may not need to continue to inject liquidity into the monetary system. While Bernanke’s comments were not outright bearish for commodity markets, the past four years of very easy monetary policy has been a major underlying bullish factor for the raw commodity sector, including the precious metals. However, it can be argued that improving U.S. and world economic growth prospects would be bullish for commodity markets due to increasing commercial and consumer demand.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:31 pm

The great and powerful Oz....
68Camaro

Postby Mossy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:01 pm

"Whiplash! Whiplash! Where do I apply for workman's comp?"
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Bought some shares of CEF in the last 5 minutes of the trading day at $22.89. This selloff today seems to a whiplash event of the rise yesterday. Perhaps it is end of the month games that wallstreet plays.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Beau » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:33 pm

I got a private email from someone that I don`t know last Thursday telling me not to buy anything.
He said there would be a big pullback, so how did he know.
he said that silver would have days like this for a while the price
will be $31. to $35. bouncing around like a ball, then it will go back up,
to $40. or $50. and start all over.

I have not heard from him today, so if it is anyone on this site email me and let me know who you are, you sure saved me a bunch of money.

OH AND THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

GOOD LUCK GUYS Beau

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals