Local Craigslist Ad - "Gold" & "Silver" Coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Local Craigslist Ad - "Gold" & "Silver" Coins

Postby NHsorter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 am

What a dinkweed this guy is..... I have flagged a couple of times and he still re posts looking to take some fools money.

http://nh.craigslist.org/jwl/2876107462.html
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Local Craigslist Ad - "Gold" & "Silver" Coins

Postby mr18 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 am

I would flag him too, infact, i clicked on the link and I did. This is why a lot of people are wary about silver and gold coins, they dont understand the value because they get screwed by people like this selling them coins with no intrinsic value. I dont know what else to type!!!!, this makes me so upset.....so early in the morning!!!
mr18
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:35 am

Sorry to upset you mr18. For a second I thought it would be funny to contact him to have him meet me somewhere and then just don't show up. Some time like tomorrow morning when there is going to be a fresh foot of snow on the roads. But instead I just flagged the ad and carried on. Lately checking craigslist has just been a big old waste of time.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:28 pm

NHsorter wrote:Sorry to upset you mr18. For a second I thought it would be funny to contact him to have him meet me somewhere and then just don't show up. Some time like tomorrow morning when there is going to be a fresh foot of snow on the roads. But instead I just flagged the ad and carried on. Lately checking craigslist has just been a big old waste of time.

I think I still have my doxs on my "online identities" that I used to mess around with online years ago stashed on a CD-ROM. Should have "Amanda" wake up and ask the guy for a looksie.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby frugalcanuck » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:31 pm

My dad called to inform me there is an ad in the local paper offering 10X face for silver coins. Now that is a bit unetical I think
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby chris6084 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 pm

He says price is negotiable. Offer him $13.50
chris6084
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Silver Addict » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:34 am

Judging by the way he wrote his ad, he doesn't seem to bright. He might actually think he has valuable coins.
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 am

How do you flag on cl? I never was never able to figure it out
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby cesariojpn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 pm

misteroman wrote:How do you flag on cl? I never was never able to figure it out

See the box in the upper right hand corner of the page? You can chose either spam posting, prohibited, mis-categorized, and best of craigslist. Thats how you flag it.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Night Hawk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm

It looks like you guys killed it, and before I could get a chance to flag it. :D
Night Hawk
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NHsorter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

HERE IS A CUT AND PASTE OF THE AD IN CASE ANYONE CARES:

Gold coins-12 and Silver half dollar coins-3 - $100 (Grantham New Hampshire)
Date: 2012-02-28, 6:12PM EST
Reply to: qxdhj-2876107462@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

One 1972, one 1973, and one 1974 silver half dollar coins and three 2000 liberty gold one dollar coins and one 2008 gold one dollar coin and a 2009 gold one dollar coin and seven 2010 gold one dollar coins Negotiable on price

PLEASE call or text me at 1-603-667-0009 thanks

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:25 am

I posted an ad on craigslist offering to buy junk silver coins for 5% over what LCDs were paying. got flagged in ten minutes! mmm. guess who flagged me???
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby DuckTales253 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm

NHsorter wrote:HERE IS A CUT AND PASTE OF THE AD IN CASE ANYONE CARES:

Thank you. By the time I clicked on the link, the post had been removed, and I was curious to see it. What a scam. He even used a blurry photo to hide the deception further.
"No man is poor who can do what he likes to do once in a while!" - Scrooge McDuck
DuckTales253
Penny Pincher Member

Postby cesariojpn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 pm

DuckTales253 wrote: He even used a blurry photo to hide the deception further.

Actually, thats a Craigslist rule. Blurry photos, from selling items to showing your ***** is the minimum.
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals