Canadian Wildlife Series 1 oz. coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Canadian Wildlife Series 1 oz. coins

Postby njoElec » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey all!
So I've been getting into the Canadian Wildlife 1oz coins lately. If there are any of you who also like these, please share your opinion with me.
Since thee Royal Canadian Mint is only minting 1million of each design, is it possible that there will be a numismatic price increase once these cease production?
I randomly bought a 2011 Wolf last year just because silver was up and I really liked the coin, only to find a few days ago it has nearly doubled in value! :shock: I almost peed my pants when I went to a*mex! I'm picking up a few 2012s tomorrow because silver is on another dip, but I wanted some insight regarding this!
njoElec
Penny Sorter Member

Re: Canadian Wildlife Series 1 oz. coins

Postby justj2k78 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Definitely is some premium, particularly as you noticed with the wolf. The Grizzly also carries a decent premium, but not as much as the wolf, and the Cougar is the consensus "worst" of the three, although I like it more than most seem to. It carries the lowest premium. Now comes the Moose. I've yet to see one, except on the computer screen (I have 5 incoming), but the early reviews are very good. If you check eBay, it's already going for several dollars above spot. I like the series, and have a couple of each.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:58 pm

I like the series, but that's mainly because I like animals, Canada and silver. It's a perfect combination for me. :) I do think that they will continue to enjoy a premium (or, at least, I hope they do). I figure that, if I'm going to buy silver, there isn't much price difference between these and AEs or regular Maples. I'm trying to pick up a few sets. Does anyone know of any kind of holders or anything that can display the whole series? I'd like to have some, but haven't seen any.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby merchoarder » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:16 pm

I personally love this series. Wish I could afford a few sets of them. Alas, funds are short and Im only trying for one of each at this point. If anyone has a moose to spare, I have an open offer in the wanted to buy or trade section. Trying to avoid the eBay premiums... Really cool series in my opinion and I think the numi value on these will be pretty good down the road.
"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do" Warren Miller
merchoarder
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals