Buying Bags of 90% from Monex

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Buying Bags of 90% from Monex

Postby lahmejoon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi All,

This may have been asked before, but I was curious as to whether or not anyone here has ever purchased a bag of 90% silver coins from Monex (or another vendor similar to them) and have looked through the contents of the bag for key dates, barbers, SLQ's, etc? I don't have the bank roll to drop $25K on a bag, but thought it would be fun to see if anyone here had an experience with this.

Thanks!
lahmejoon

Re: Buying Bags of 90% from Monex

Postby beauanderos » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:09 pm

You will NOT find key dates (nowadays) in large bags ($1000 face) from any source. They have all been picked over. But back in the day, probably 2004, I bought five or six bags like that from APMEX. One was mercs. I found four BU (probably MS 63 or better) 1916-S dimes in one bag. Someone probably tossed them when they discovered they weren't 1916-D. :lol: Still, though, they were worth about $100 apiece. I was happy.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rosco » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:36 pm

On a budget ask for old customer wrap Dimes an see what you find
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 am

i don't order from Monex becuase i like to receive my order in less than 6 months.

that said, yes i found an 1892-S barber half key date in a bag of junk once.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals