At this rate silver will be at $0 in a month

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: At this rate silver will be at $0 in a month

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:40 am

Engineer wrote:If you look at the chart for the last couple days, you'll notice that silver tends to either get pushed up or down at certain times, but the pattern is pretty much the same from day to day...except when they decide to flip it upside down. Today looks like it could be one of those days.

silver.gif

The interesting thing (actually fascinating phenomena for someone to explain away, who didn't subscribe to the manipulation theories) is how, repeatedly until it becomes tiresome, da boyz defy everyone's expectations of what silver "will do" or "should do" based on technical analysis. They create massive volatility to unsettle the squeamish and shake weak hands out of the futures markets, they know who the big players are and where their stop loss limits are set... so they initiate sell orders of large enough magnitude to trip the execution of those other orders, creating a cascade effect, and when a sufficient number of longs are flushed out they cover their shorts (and that's when you will see silver have a nice up day).
What they can take away in thirty minutes requires two weeks to restore... and then they'll do it again. Doesn't anyone in this forum (besides 68camaro) understand that JPMorgan IS the Fed? They are the largest member bank of the seventeen or so that comprise that entity, and thus... there is no such thing as real losses for them. They can virtually print money without limitations (through hidden channels of course) in order to expend those funds to continually crush precious metals prices. Only resource scarcity will eventually limit their being able to control these markets. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that technical analysis is worthless in manipulated markets, and works against those attempting to make predictions when the other side can paint the tape however they want, either to gull more fools into the market on supposed breakouts, thus to steal their money too, or to totally dispirit new investors and drive them permanently from PM's trading as it is "too volatile."
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 am

check out this live streaming chart from netdania on minute to minute changes in silver pricing and you can watch the drama of manipulation unfold right before your eyes. Every time there is a gradual buildup, someone is selling massively to crush the gains.

http://netdania.com/Products/live-strea ... ame=Silver
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Diggin4copper » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 am

I understand it from afar... I just dont know what price points I should be buying and selling at.. I have about 1k that I would like to rinse, lather and repeat with... guess Ill start now and buy a roll of eagles...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

Diggin4copper wrote:I understand it from afar... I just dont know what price points I should be buying and selling at.. I have about 1k that I would like to rinse, lather and repeat with... guess Ill start now and buy a roll of eagles...

That one gets easier once you realize that silver and oil generally move together. Whenever you hear about record gas prices, it's generally a good idea to sell a little silver. Buy a little when gas prices drop back down. If all your neighbors start buying 10 mpg Hummers, back up the truck. ;)
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:24 am

Another up day, perhaps?

silver.gif
silver.gif (15.51 KiB) Viewed 166 times
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:28 am

At this rate silver will be $100 in a month! ... ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby slickeast » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:37 am

68Camaro wrote:At this rate silver will be $100 in a month! ... ;)

Very funny.

.50 a day only adds about $10/ month. So it might take till Christmas.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby tractorman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 am

slickeast wrote:
68Camaro wrote:At this rate silver will be $100 in a month! ... ;)

Very funny.

.50 a day only adds about $10/ month. So it might take till Christmas.

That's .50 in 3 hours, that would get it there real quick! ;)
tractorman
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 pm

In the early 2000s, I purchased 200 Engelhard Prospectors at $7.10 each. My local coin dealer thought I was absolutely insane for paying that lofty price and scolded me for wasting my money.

I told him that I had the utmost faith in the silver market and didn't let the wide spot price swings deter me from my acquisition of my favorite metal. We still laugh about that several times each year. (I was laughing even more frequently as silver approached $50 last year.)

The market is highly manipulated. There have been times and will be others when the forces that drive the price skyward find no resistence in these nefarious manipulations. The growing trend is more and more people are experiencing a growing uneasiness about the economy. Not just the US economic malaise, but throughout the world. Silver is the metal for Joe and Josephine Sixpack. More and more will be purchased and taken off the market even if it is one silver dime at a time.

My own agenda is the survival of my family and me. To that end, I'm still buying silver and still hearing the same comments from sellers. "Ha! You're paying $23 per dollar face for US 90%?" Damn right I am.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals